If it ain't broke don't fix it; what's broke?

Reaction score
Let's exclude issues surrounding NFZs and range.

What is left to fix, in your opinion, in theP4 Firmware or the DJI Go app?

Not new functionality, but a bug that hasn't been fixed yet? List, if you must, a very specific and direct extension of an existing function that you feel is crippled without this extension. We can have other threads for feature requests but, I'm a new pilot and very happy with my P4, I've run into no issues (other than NFZ annoyance and max range over open LOS of 1 mile).

Has DJI got it working right? What's left to fix?

Horizon level/drift

Let's exclude issues surrounding NFZs and range.

What is left to fix, in your opinion, in theP4 Firmware or the DJI Go app?

Not new functionality, but a bug that hasn't been fixed yet? List, if you must, a very specific and direct extension of an existing function that you feel is crippled without this extension. We can have other threads for feature requests but, I'm a new pilot and very happy with my P4, I've run into no issues (other than NFZ annoyance and max range over open LOS of 1 mile).

Has DJI got it working right? What's left to fix?

Horizon level/drift

Sorry man, but this is a hardware fault and you will need to seek a replacement from DJI.

No Firmware will fix this unfortunately. Trust me I know because I took my back and got a enw one and it was a whole lot different. So much better in horizon.

You can also adjust the gimbal roll from the DJI go app.

Sorry man, but this is a hardware fault and you will need to seek a replacement from DJI.

No Firmware will fix this unfortunately. Trust me I know because I took my back and got a enw one and it was a whole lot different. So much better in horizon.

You can also adjust the gimbal roll from the DJI go app.

From my reading on the issue, one I suffer from as well, it does appear to be a hardware issue. I WISH IT were software because it needs a fix fast, for everyone.

From my reading on the issue, one I suffer from as well, it does appear to be a hardware issue. I WISH IT were software because it needs a fix fast, for everyone.
see that's the problem, my new Phantom 4 has a perfect horizon. If they release a patch it will interfer with the people who have a perfect horizon, and then it will be the opposite. So they can't really release a patch.

It appears that the majority of horizon issues are in the first release of the Phantom 4 (like pre-orders from DJi website and first day launches at apple stores)

I am never thrilled about new firmware, but it may improve on current operating of my craft. It isn't about fixing what is broke but improving what we have. If your car has a recall do you take it in to get serviced even if it is not broke? and it may never break either. Sure you will in case it will. So I get the upgrades and usually I see some improvements, not perfect but better.

Not being able to turn off the vps so the bird can hold still over water. Having to put tape over the eye's every time you want to fly over water is ridiculous.

Use the Litchi app and you can turn off VPS.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: snowghost
I have flown and hovered over water many times without doing anything special. What do you mean?
When trying to hover over moving water with the vps on, the uav follows the current...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.