If I upgrade to 3.06...

Reaction score
If I would upgrade to firmware version 3.06:

Can the auto RTH at low battery level be completely disabled?
I am at 3.04 now and my first battery warning is at 30%, second at 15%, and as you might know, auto descent kicks in at 15% or less. Is this the same with 3.06?
Are the 2 levels of low battery warning still adjustable?

Thanks!!

RCblog.nl said:
If I would upgrade to firmware version 3.06:

Can the auto RTH at low battery level be completely disabled?
I am at 3.04 now and my first battery warning is at 30%, second at 15%, and as you might know, auto descent kicks in at 15% or less. Is this the same with 3.06?
Are the 2 levels of low battery warning still adjustable?

Thanks!!
I don't know how to adjust levels but you can turn of rth. You still have autoland at critical level which is usually best as long as you are not above water [emoji2]

Topic covered here; viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22306

Basically; no, no ,no to your questions. RTH kicks in at around 20% or about 10.8v (if you have FPV), you can't change it, you can flick the S1 switch into GPS mode and back up again, to carry on flying, the quad's red LED's will still flash slowly and then rapidly for battery levels reduce as usual.

Cheers Mark

The only thing that concerns me with 3.06 is that you have no control over your battery alarm settings.
If you were on default already this doesn't seem an issue, but there seems to be a worrying increase in batteries being 'detected' as failing and going into early enforced autoland at 50% or higher - soon after 3.06 was installed.

All you can do in 3.06 is check or not check a box for return home when it calculates you need to - from remaining battery and distance out.
This is rather crude as it takes no account of wind conditions and in some situations the relatively sudden initiation (though it can be over-ridden) could lead to a crash.
It probably also encourages pushing towards maximum flight times and trying to return with an almost depleted batter.
I think it's best left disabled and use your own judgement.
You do have the more visible 'battery remaining' bar, much easier to see than the tiny % numbers you can hardly read at all when it's bright.

Glad to see that by screenshot.
Can you still change the low and critical battery percentages?

And if not; it is now set at default 30% and 15% respectively (3.04). Will that remain the same then?

Also... overall recommended to upgrade to 3.06?
The magnetic declination in The Netherlands is overall +0 degrees 28' East.

Just to clarify... the P2 (non-vision - this section) does not have the facility yet to auto go home according to the distance traveled etc.
If you're 1 mile away and it hits the 30% threshold then it will attempt to fly home and run out of battery.
"All you can do in 3.06 is check or not check a box for return home when it calculates you need to - from remaining battery and distance out." - Not for standard P2.

Only the P2 Vision and plus I believe have this facility.
On 3.06 you cannot change the battery thresholds, BUT you CAN turn off auto return to home so it will operate like 3.04.

Opps my mistake, yes you can " turn off auto return to home". But personally without the battery levels availability to adjust, I just haven't, I use my FPV to see battery levels.

And yes as already stated the P2 and the P2 vision/+ the update applies differently.

Sorry for any confusion.

So to sum up:

3.06 on Phantom 2:

- RTH at 30% (regardless of distance) when enabled, but can be completely disabled.

- 20% default low battery value, not changeable.

- 15% default low battery value, not changeable.
Will initiate auto descend when reached.

Correct?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4