Idle Time... Motors, Not Mine.

Reaction score
Curious if anyone knows how long the motors can run while you’re adjusting settings (inside the house w/props off)? As far as I know there isn’t an Over Heat Warning (or is there?) and don’t want to get them too hot.

On another note… I bought a pair of Parabolic Signal Boosters from Amazon and while they sold them to me as new the inside reflective surface was clearly scratched. They were anything but “new”. There was a sticker that asked me to remove the “protective coating” of which there was none. I would have to say about 30% of the merchandise I buy from Amazon is used and I’m getting really effin’ sick of it.

Thanks!

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Yup, you're absolutely right (I never doubted you!). So I guess that the question would be would it damage anything internally to have the drone "On" for an extended amount of time, 15-20 minutes?

You probably won’t damage anything. I wouldn’t do it as a habit however, may not be good for long term reliability, there is a lot of cooling offered to the onboard electronics with the props running and movement in flight. I’m sure the AC is rated for idle running- DJI wouldn’t offer the simulator option otherwise. It is well known however that elevated temperatures to contribute to reduced lifetime of electronics, particularity electrolytic capacitors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl