Idle motors after landing?

Reaction score
I landed my bird on my concrete patio just before, I let the motors idle for like 20-30 seconds. In that frame the motors very slightly idled up and stayed that way, then out of no where it revved and had the notion it wanted to tip over so I killed the motors by throttle down. Anyone experience this?

Keep in mind that there is a lot of metal in concrete. It's not a good idea to take off, land, and/or fly close to metal.

I landed my bird on my concrete patio just before, I let the motors idle for like 20-30 seconds. In that frame the motors very slightly idled up and stayed that way, then out of no where it revved and had the notion it wanted to tip over so I killed the motors by throttle down. Anyone experience this?

You should kill motors as soon as possible when you land... no reason to idle and yes I have heard of this kind of thing happening before... not sure what causes it... someone might have a theory.

4wd got it right.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: FDNY_Chris
While it is true that this is caused by barometric drift, it is not because of temperature. When idling on the ground, air is still moving over the frame and every exothermic component is generating heat. So there is no significant change in temperature when idling on the ground. That and the barometer is temperature compensated.

Treat the aircraft as if you want it to last as long as possible. Never land on hard surfaces. It will shorten the lifespan of the electronics and weaken soldering and so on and so on. Don't land in the grass either. The last thing you want is debree of any kind going in the motors.

I use one of the soft pads that have the puzzle locks on all four sides. Usually see them around the exercise equipment.

Reactions: Fplvert

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers