IDIOTIC FPV MISTAKE!

Reaction score
Give me credit for sharing this. Or, perhaps it makes me more of a dummy! Your decision.

This is meant as a warning to those planning to get FPV from the stickies.

I went to Hobby King and I decided to order two 600mW video transmitters. They were about $38 each. I did hang around for the promised lower price. I gave up and bought at that price. Later, I got the discount on a glider.

I really haven't dealt with a site that is international, in this way. I placed my order and the total seemed very high. I took a closer look today and I discovered that I ordered the transmitters from their international warehouse, for an extra $58 fee!!

Heck, I can pay $5+ for shipping, from China, on eBay! It was the first item I ordered and I should have gone back to check. Perhaps they weren't available in the USA warehouse. Me very CA glue, that I wanted was only available from the international warehouse.

I consider this to be a total RIPOFF! I buy from oversea dealers almost daily and I never get such high charges as Hobby King charges.

Mods: I suggest that you include this warning, regarding Hobby King's high international charges, in the stickie section.

I'm sure good deals can be had from overseas stores but I won't order from them. First, I will not wait the ridiculous long times to get some products. Second...I only order from Usa because they need a piece of the pie....Third....if I have an issue with product, I'll not deal with someone on the other side of the planet that really doesn't care. IE.. I saw an item once that was a very good deal from China. Much cheaper than other places but their insurance cost was out of site..plus the wait time.
If I can't get it in my country, I don't need it.

Thanks for the heads-up. Sometimes the excitement of getting up in the air or getting up with a new feature fast causes us to bypass the details of what we are buying or the conditions that go along with the purchase.

Monte55 said:
I'm sure good deals can be had from overseas stores but I won't order from them. First, I will not wait the ridiculous long times to get some products. Second...I only order from Usa because they need a piece of the pie....Third....if I have an issue with product, I'll not deal with someone on the other side of the planet that really doesn't care. IE.. I saw an item once that was a very good deal from China. Much cheaper than other places but their insurance cost was out of site..plus the wait time.
If I can't get it in my country, I don't need it.

It isn't technically an overseas store. They have their USA branch. I was unaware that they had an international branch. I'm with you on buying from USA stores. I hope someone will put a warning on that stickie.

Regarding my mentioning buying from overseas all the time, I was referring to products for my business. There are too many popular products, sold only overseas. I would go broke selling only USA products. The only overseas personal purchases had been electronic parts, not available in the good, ole, USA.

I honestly can't figure out exactly what the OP did, I've made 3 separate FPV Transmitter orders from HobbyKing and never paid more than like $5 for shipping, so what he did to get a $60 shipping charge is beyond me.

I did however make a quick note in the sticky that says "watch your shipping charges" ... don't know what else to say

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1