Identical Phantoms

Reaction score
Here's one for the master brains. I have two Phantom 3 Pros, they are the same series, but they do not fly the same. I have checked all possible settings including IMU, sensitivity etc etc and they all show ok and similar values. They both fly as well except Phantom 3 no 1 has a slight horizontal wobble in the video, especially at the end of any leg of a flight. It is not severe but compared to Phantom no 2 the video is not rock steady. This is flying in the same location within a few minutes of each other. I sent Phantom no 1 back to the seller as both are under warranty and they returned it to China for assessment. I recieved it back in good condition after about 4 weeks, which is good since I live in Australia.
However I still have the wobbly video. The video seems stable when flying forward or backward/sideways its just that at the end of most flight legs there is this slight horizontal wobble.
As I have said all the gimbal settings etc are identical according to the app.
So has anyone had the same problem and is there a fix? Phantom no 2 produces video that is rock steady at all times.

Check the prop balance as a little wobble or vibration can come from that.

I have changed out one prop at a time attempting to cure my p2 of the wobbles. Is it possible computer issues? It tells me there is an unknown MCU Error.

gyro could be stuck on one side which would explain the wobble.
is bird visibly wobbling or is it just the video? if it's just the video then replace the white dampers.

Do you have a means to check the props for proper balance?

My phantom 3 pro recently started a horizontal pan during decent for no apparent reason. The whole craft does a quick left right pan then steadies then pans again the whole way down - is this similar to what you are experiencing ? I've no idea what's causing it.

Thanks for posting - I'll try to upload my video later but it's a different fault to what you have

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj