Icon unknown (by me at least) in the DJI App

Reaction score
Could anyone enlighten me about what this bottom right info means?
This image capture is just after taking off
It was showing the VPS initially and after a few meters high it went to +130m. No clue what it is.
Thanks

Screenshot_2015-05-31-00-57-42.png

The D and that icon are distance from the P3. One is distance from P3 to controller and the other is P3 to Home Point

The D and that icon are distance from the P3. One is distance from P3 to controller and the other is P3 to Home Point

hey loganintx, I thought id ask, im having real troubles with signal on FPV, not going far at all then freezing and stopping. Bird still controls fine. Do you think it could be because my wifi extender is not fully charged?

hey loganintx, I thought id ask, im having real troubles with signal on FPV, not going far at all then freezing and stopping. Bird still controls fine. Do you think it could be because my wifi extender is not fully charged?

Either you're posting in the wrong forum, or you really need to take a moment or two and read the manual. That may have something to do with why you are having FPV trouble.

It means nothing. If the Phantom is lower then 10 then it changes to an accurate height above ground reading. Once the Phantom goes above 10 feet, it simply changes to a meaningless number. People can say is the distance from this to that... but they would be in incorrect.

Free free to launch the P3 and then walk right to that spot. Fly the drone above 10 feet and out a small distance. Look at the two numbers and they won't be close to the same. Fly further out and they get father apart and closer apart.

Last edited:
I was with the controller at the home point. Does the difference mean there was a problem in the home point recording?
Also the that Home Point value was changing by 100 meters instantly.
I am uploading the flight recording.

It means nothing. If the Phantom is lower then 10 then it changes to an accurate height above ground reading. Once the Phantom goes above 10 feet, it simply changes to a meaningless number. People can say is the distance from this to that... but they would be in incorrect.

Free free to launch the P3 and then walk right to that spot. Fly the drone above 10 feet and out a small distance. Look at the two numbers and they won't be close to the same. Fly further out and they get father apart and closer apart.

It means nothing? Its confusing in that case.
I have doubts it means nothing and its in the app. If after 10ft that parameter carries no meaning then it would simply dissapear, I think.

I have doubts it means nothing and its in the app. If after 10ft that parameter carries no meaning then it would simply dissapear, I think.

I think it's just a bug in the app. I'm guessing that it should be a distance measurement (distance of the P3 to the controller, not home point) but it's not working correctly. As you mention in your prior post, you have seen the same thing I have seen. I posted about this awhile ago and no one could come up with anything either.

Reactions: Dapering
It is SUPPOSED to be the distance from the P3 to the controller (hence the person avatar) but it only seems to work consistently when in VPS mode. I have had it read correctly at times, but most of the time it is just random. I have submitted a bug report to DJI and the response was that they were aware of it. I just ignore it for now as I don't wander far from the set home point for now.

Reactions: Dapering
It is SUPPOSED to be the distance from the P3 to the controller (hence the person avatar) but it only seems to work consistently when in VPS mode. I have had it read correctly at times, but most of the time it is just random. I have submitted a bug report to DJI and the response was that they were aware of it. I just ignore it for now as I don't wander far from the set home point for now.

Thank you.

I think it's just a bug in the app. I'm guessing that it should be a distance measurement (distance of the P3 to the controller, not home point) but it's not working correctly. As you mention in your prior post, you have seen the same thing I have seen. I posted about this awhile ago and no one could come up with anything either.

Thank you.

In VPS mode is changes to read the height as recorded by the ultrasonics and it's accurate then. But above 10' the icon changes and the reading does not correlate to anything.

It's the distance between the P3 and the controller VS the D which is the distance between the P3 and the HomePoint. Or vice versa. I've never noticed it change symbols when I'm under 10' high but it does change as I walk away from the HomePoint.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31