Iceland, River, Ice and Icelandic Horses

Reaction score
Hi there.
It has not been good time for flying here in Iceland for some time now. Short daylight and heavy storms with snow and rain. But today and pehaps tomorrow the weather is OK.
I went to my local river “Hvítá” and tryied some flight with my Phantom 3A. It was cold (at least my fingers was complaining) but I think it was not many degrees below freesing point. But the Icelandic horses can easily deal with the weather here in Icaland. They have been here for 1000 years

I'm planning to bring my phantom 3P to Iceland next week. Can u advise me on the battery life in cold temperature.

I'm planning to bring my phantom 3P to Iceland next week. Can u advise me on the battery life in cold temperature.
Hi Kelvin
The battery live is shorter and it takes longer time to warm up before flight. My advice is to keep the drone as long as possible inside warm house or car befoe flight. It is OK to fly in some frost but I do not have good experience of flying in frost and strong vind. The motors can handle this but the plastic in the drone gets fragile in frost and I got cracks around motorscrews on one motor and the control of the phantom got very difficult an ended in bad landing. It is also prooblem that My fingers get very cold :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl