Ian Wood's footage featured in article.

Re: Ian Wood's footage featured in article.

Totally awesome work ianwood! I can only imagine how long it took you to get all that footage! Great work on the framing of all these shots. I'm a professional photographer on the side and I know good work when I see it. I've been working on my flying skills ever since I got my P2 but still have a ways to go. It's not as easy as taking still shots. Panning, tilting, and zooming are all hard to do smoothly with this quadcopter, but after upgrading to the Futaba T8FGS and H3-3D gimbal, I'm getting close! I'm now following you on vimeo too. :)

I can't believe I'm the only one who commented on this. Was it posted in another thread I'm unaware of? ianwood is a well known member here.

I think this sub-forum is a little slower than the others. Thanks for the plug and the praise. The video has certainly attracted a lot of attention, way beyond my expectations. Some very cool projects coming off the back of it. Stay tuned...

DesertFlyer53 said:
I can't believe I'm the only one who commented on this. Was it posted in another thread I'm unaware of? ianwood is a well known member here.

I was also very impressed by that video but I saw it in another topic, and commented it there.

Maher

ianwood said:
I think this sub-forum is a little slower than the others. Thanks for the plug and the praise. The video has certainly attracted a lot of attention, way beyond my expectations. Some very cool projects coming off the back of it. Stay tuned...

I'm only 2 hours to your north. Let me know if you need any help with those projects. :)

Ian, this video is gorgeous! Did you shoot with a GoPro? If so, how did you remove the fish eye effect? It drives me crazy. I've tried all kinds of plug-ins for FCPX, but none seem to work well enough. I usually shoot 1080p in Medium view.

bpippin said:
Ian, this video is gorgeous! Did you shoot with a GoPro? If so, how did you remove the fish eye effect? It drives me crazy. I've tried all kinds of plug-ins for FCPX, but none seem to work well enough. I usually shoot 1080p in Medium view.

Yes.. how did you do that!!! please do tell.... :)

bpippin said:

GoPro Studio has a fish eye removal tool.

There's a number of tools for fisheye removal. The first step though is to shoot medium FOV. Never use wide. If you're only shooting 1080, I think you can even use narrow FOV which should be even better. As for overall quality, shoot a lot of material. I shot over 350Gb of footage for that video. And, you need to spend A LOT of time editing.

Poor, poor nibbles. :D

Ian Wood's footage featured in article.

Shooting in Med FOV vs Wide will minimize the fisheye lens distortion, but Adobe Premiere Pro, GoPro Studio and other video editors have native GoPro fisheye distortion removal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic