I will be buying another drone

Reaction score
I have my standard for a year and never failed. Very proud of my bird. I am tempting in upgrading to a 4k drone. The SE version is great however is over $500 dollars which is too much for me. I love so far the Xiaomi Mi 4k version. It has price similar to the standard and a decent range of 2 miles if there are not interferences. I think for the price, the xiaomi Mi is the best 4k drone you can buy right now under $500 dollars.

Maybe Xiaomi will do a package deal with one of their rice cookers?

If they can make mobile phones I’m sure they can get a drone right.

Looks like a good alternative to the 4K. See if you can find some samples of the camera performance, likely it is the same sony EXMOR sensor.

Question might be whether you get the features you want in the flight software- do third party developers support the AC?

Reactions: macoman
Question might be whether you get the features you want in the flight software- do third party developers support the AC?
I saw a lot of reviews of the drone before I got to the conclusion that this is going to be my next big drone. The 1080p or first version of the drone is not too good. Not sure if they fixed it with a firmware but the 4k has been a great drone for his price, according to people that purchased both version in YouTube. I never found any third-party developer that support this drone. To be honest, I just need something to flight right and produce high quality video. Looks like the camera in this drone is pretty good. Once I get this drone I will test it and see what I think about it.

Save your money and stick with dji. My friend bought a Xiaomi mi drone and I was with him on his first flight. It was in the air for no longer then 5 mins when it fell out the sky like a brick. Turned out a motor was faulty and if you check Xiaomi mi crashes on you tube it seems to be a common problem. Buy cheap buy twice that's my 2 pence worth hope this helps.

Save your money and stick with dji. My friend bought a Xiaomi mi drone and I was with him on his first flight. It was in the air for no longer then 5 mins when it fell out the sky like a brick. Turned out a motor was faulty and if you check Xiaomi mi crashes on you tube it seems to be a common problem. Buy cheap buy twice that's my 2 pence worth hope this helps.
Yup, you get what you pay for!

He must have bought it from the Company " Bang Good " LOL.

Reactions: charlieb4
I just got a Spark for Christmas. It will complement my P3S.

If you can get the Xiaomi from a vendor that has a good return policy like Amazon, then it might be worth a try but otherwise I would say it is more of a risk. You have to determine whether the risk is worth it to you.

I know you are looking at the Xiaomi as a cost effective way to get 4K but what about all the other costs associated with processing 4K - like a computer and editing program that you will need to do do post-processing?

Anyway, good luck with your decision.

Chris

I just got a Spark for Christmas. It will complement my P3S.

If you can get the Xiaomi from a vendor that has a good return policy like Amazon, then it might be worth a try but otherwise I would say it is more of a risk. You have to determine whether the risk is worth it to you.

I know you are looking at the Xiaomi as a cost effective way to get 4K but what about all the other costs associated with processing 4K - like a computer and editing program that you will need to do do post-processing?

Anyway, good luck with your decision.

Chris

I have a MacPro with iMovie in it. I can edit in 4k or 2k. After checked a lot of reviews online I concluded that the 4K version of the xiaomi drone is extremely good for the price. And like you, this is going to complement my phantom 3 standard in producing long range missions and will stay with 2k when I upload to YouTube. The reason why I want 4k drone is because I want to record in 4k but when I edit the video I will downsizing to 2k because uploading 4k in a not fast internet can take a whole day.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20