I was stupid, but lucky.

Reaction score
So I thought if I set the height and distance limits as low as they can go and went in the middle of my yard I could "safely" let my kids try my P3S. Set the height at 20 m, and distance at 15 m. Let it reset the home location and launched.

To test it I climbed to about 4 ft off the ground I started flying forward... 10 m... 12 m... 15 m... 18 m (why isn't it stopping?)... 20 m... 25 m... FENCE!

Shut it down and ran over. Thankfully no signs of damage, not even a visible sign of marks on the props except for minor scuffs. Re-launched and it was flying fine, except the distance and height limits were hit and miss when it would decide to enforce them. Any ideas?

Also it would fly straight forward, but backwards and right/left would veer off. Re-calibrating the compass fixed this.

Basically. Did you set that while connected to aircraft. Also did you say done after doing it. For it to save the changes.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Basically. Did you set that while connected to aircraft. Also did you say done after doing it. For it to save the changes.

I was definitely connected, it wouldn't let me in that menu otherwise. I was pretty sure I hit done afterwards, and later when I flew again the settings were still there. These settings also got me thinking that a minimum altitude would be a good idea, with an override for landing. Would be helpful for some worry free shots over trees etc, you could relax knowing it wouldn't go below the pre-set hight. IF it worked...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues