I was quoted $373 for a repair, can I get your opinions.

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I recently crashed my Vision+ down in Rocky Point Mexico, I was doing a flyby over a peninsula of land that had some radio towers on it and lost connection. Was never able to re-establish connection and my phantom fell from an unknown height and landed pretty hard in the sand. It snapped the gimbal arm, ripped the flex ribbon cable in half and also my shell had two small breaches going down the arms.

I live in Phoenix AZ so I began to google search for any Drone repair companies in the Phoenix area. There happens to be one, its www.godronezone.com the owner was nice enough to meet me at a restaurant in town and allowed me to drop off my phantom for him to look at and give me a quote on the repairs.

His fees include a $100 up front fee to assess and this $100 also goes towards any labor that will be required. The rest of the money is spent on parts. Well I recently received the quote on the parts I would need.

Replacement Flex Ribbon Cable $175.00
Replacement Gimbal arm $65.00
Replacement Shell $100.00

Naturally I got on ebay and began looking for replacement flex ribbon cables, I can find them as low as $60.00 buy it now. I brought this to his attention and asked why he was charging me so much. His response was "have I read the reviews on those cables?" and that they get theirs from overseas. I guess this was his way of justifying a $175.00 price tag on his cable.

Regardless, I would like to get my phantom back sooner than later as I use it for work but I'm reluctant to spend that amount of money, I feel like I'm being taken advantage of on this ribbon cable but don't have many other options as to where to take it for repair. I was just hoping some of you guys have had your ribbons replaced and could let me know if this price is reasonable or not.

In total I will be paying $473.00 for the parts and labor. I wish had taken some pics of the damage before I gave it to him to show you guys.

Thanks for any info.

Rovierto said:
Hi Guys,

I recently crashed my Vision+ down in Rocky Point Mexico, I was doing a flyby over a peninsula of land that had some radio towers on it and lost connection. Was never able to re-establish connection and my phantom fell from an unknown height and landed pretty hard in the sand. It snapped the gimbal arm, ripped the flex ribbon cable in half and also my shell had two small breaches going down the arms.

I live in Phoenix AZ so I began to google search for any Drone repair companies in the Phoenix area. There happens to be one, its http://www.godronezone.com the owner was nice enough to meet me at a restaurant in town and allowed me to drop off my phantom for him to look at and give me a quote on the repairs.

His fees include a $100 up front fee to assess and this $100 also goes towards any labor that will be required. The rest of the money is spent on parts. Well I recently received the quote on the parts I would need.

Naturally I got on ebay and began looking for replacement flex ribbon cables, I can find them as low as $60.00 buy it now. I brought this to his attention and asked why he was charging me so much. His response was "have I read the reviews on those cables?" and that they get theirs from overseas. I guess this was his way of justifying a $175.00 price tag on his cable.

Regardless, I would like to get my phantom back sooner than later as I use it for work but I'm reluctant to spend that amount of money, I feel like I'm being taken advantage of on this ribbon cable but don't have many other options as to where to take it for repair. I was just hoping some of you guys have had your ribbons replaced and could let me know if this price is reasonable or not.

In total I will be paying $473.00 for the parts and labor. I wish had taken some pics of the damage before I gave it to him to show you guys.

Thanks for any info.

Wow thats quite a bit. I would charge no more than $300 shipped and I am in California. Realistically its about 3 hours of work.

burlbark said:
Rovierto said:
Hi Guys,

I live in Phoenix AZ so I began to google search for any Drone repair companies in the Phoenix area. There happens to be one, its http://www.godronezone.com the owner was nice enough to meet me at a restaurant in town and allowed me to drop off my phantom for him to look at and give me a quote on the repairs.

Thanks for any info.

Wow thats quite a bit. I would charge no more than $300 shipped and I am in California. Realistically its about 3 hours of work.

Replied to your PM Rovierto and
+1 on what burlbark said.
my cost would be pretty much the same as burlbarks but i am located in MN.
yeah, his verbal quote is little high.

Hey another Phoenix person! I'm up in Scottsdale (at least for the winter).

I'd like to 2nd Hunch as an option. No idea on what the cost should be but the guy works wonders and he will get you up and running.

Isn't that ridiculous , a 15.00 cable. I know it's not the repair guys , but you'd think DJI would sell them.

Mori,
more like a $2 cable. ATK finally dropped the price to $59 but still...
DJI should sell it some of us, i go through 10 of them / week and if i could get them for $25 which DJI sells them for when they decide to
i wouldn't have to charge the customer between $60-85 just for the cable.

DJI's got some xplaining to do :)

back to work!

Mori,
more like a $2 cable. ATK finally dropped the price to $59 but still...
DJI should sell it some of us, i go through 10 of them / week and if i could get them for $25 which DJI sells them for when they decide to
i wouldn't have to charge the customer between $60-85 just for the cable.

DJI's got some xplaining to do :)

back to work!

Hunch, where are you located? I
I have a week old P4p that is badly damaged. Am in Scottsdale.
[email protected]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic