I was given a free crashed P3P

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was given a free crashed P3P and I have taken it apart and ordered all the necessary parts for it. It didn't come with a SD card and I'm very new to this hobby. I'm really going to need all the help I can once I get it repaired. I have no clue what exactly I should do once I place a battery and charge the RC. I will attach pictures of the damage.

What do I do after I purchase a new SD?

How do I go about updating the drone before I attempt to turn it on?

I'm happy to have a nice drone for only $300.00 dollars worth in parts!

Im sure I will have a lot of questions and please help me with any advice you all have to offer me.

Thank, DD

Attachments

• 1474757986034693448809.jpg
    1474757986034693448809.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 423
Welcome to the forum. You already ordered the parts but who will be repairing it? If it's a competent repair shop then you are headed to the right direction. I hope that is the direction you are taking. If so, ask them to upgrade all the SW for you. Read the manual several times. In addition, watch as many YT tutorials as you can before you get it back. By the time you receive it, you should be familiar how to operate it. Then take it to an open field and practice in beginner mode. Keep it there until you are comfortable. Anything else you need, this forum is the perfect place to ask questions.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the replies, I will be doing all of the repairs myself. I'm very mechanical inclined and I didn't have a problem taking the drone apart. I've watched dozens of videos and I feel very confident so far.

The only thing I'm not so confident about it working with the SD card and doing the recommended software upgrades. I've been watching a lot of videos and I think I over complicate or feel intimidated with that part.

The camera and gimbal repair shouldn't be that bad.

Thanks again, DD

worrying about firmware and updates should be the least of your concerns right now, you should first order any new parts required to get the bird to turn on again.

OK guys,

I got the drone and gimbal back together. Everything went great during the rebuild. When I got the drone it didn't have a SD card so I put in a battery and fired it up without propellers. It worked great! I could use the remote control and pretend to be flying it.

I bought a brand new SD card and uploaded the most recent version of firmware. I got the drone and the RC uploaded with success.

Now, the drone doesn't turn on, the lights continually flash fast yellow and on the app it says is disconnected.

What's going on ?

It's very frustrating as I don't know what to do. I've read and tried everything so far. I've linked or tried linking the RC to the drone. The RC displays a green light and if I move the left joy stick back and forth it somewhat moves the camera just a little bit. The drone still flashes yellow. My other options is to clear the SD card and re install the firmware. I have un installed the app and loaded it back.

OK guys,

I got the drone and gimbal back together. Everything went great during the rebuild. When I got the drone it didn't have a SD card so I put in a battery and fired it up without propellers. It worked great! I could use the remote control and pretend to be flying it.

I bought a brand new SD card and uploaded the most recent version of firmware. I got the drone and the RC uploaded with success.

I am confused, you said that you got the quad copter back together, you fired it up without the propellers and it worked great. You could us the remote control as if you are flying it. So far so good.

Now, the drone doesn't turn on, the lights continually flash fast yellow and on the app it says is disconnected.
What's going on ?

This is the part that it is confusing me, now you are saying that the quad copter doesn't turn on, the lights continually flash fast yellow.
Do you see a light in front of the gimbal/camera, if so what is the color of the light blinking?

What I am suspecting is that the firmware update was not successful.

What I am suspecting is that the firmware update was not successful.

First of all thank you for the help and suggestions so far,

1. I got the drone crashed and without a SD card.
2. I ordered all the parts and got it all together without any issues.
3. I put the battery in without SD card it cycled and had blinking green lights. I already had the RC on prior to starting up the drone.
4. I could use the RC and control the drone without propellers and pretend to fly it etc.
5. I bought a new SD card and uploaded the latest firmware successfully. The light above the gimbal is a steady green.

Now, the RC doesn't do anything and the DJI GO app says disconnected and the drone constantly blinks yellow.

I hope that explains it better.

Thanks, DD

Ok so the problem is that the RC needs to be reconnected with the AC. There is a button on the side of the AC that you need to push.
First open the DJI Go App while connected to your mobile device. Click the Aircraft symbol in the Go App. Then click the RC symbol, second one from the top and scroll all the way down to linking remote controller. In the right of the AC push a little button with a paper clip or similar and that should do it.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 333
Once you regain control of the AC you need to perform a compass calibration and IMU calibration.

I did that with no avail! The DJI GO app doesn't connect at all and all it displays is "disconnected"

I also did a manual connection with the buttons on the RC with 49 seconds to press the AC button with no response.

Make sure your startup order is correct.
RC then AC then go app.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

ElGuapo,

Thank you for the our responses, I have tried all of those suggestions. I will format the SD card and reload the firmware again. I will do this Monday evening as I'm out of town for the weekend and I needed a break from the frustration.

I'm super excited about learning from this drone before I consider the Mavic.

I will keep you all posted on what happens after I re install the firmware.

So it's obvious that the RC isn't connecting to the AC, right?

Nothing, I re installed firmware. I even tried downgrading firmware and nothing. Yellow lights flashing, green light on the RC and disconnect message on DJI GO app. After doing some searching, it's obvious I'm not the only one with these issues.

What is the fix for this? Everything was fine until I did the firmware update.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj