I want a weather station setup

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I would like to setup a weather station like I've seen in here and am looking for idea's .
One that I could use on a webpage is what I want . Any input ?

Reactions: Clampit
I know how to build a webpage. Maybe someone on the other side of the pond has some input about how we could get started... ;)

Hey dirk,

As you know I run my own weather station & have a weather website, link here..
Http://www.burnhamoncrouchweather.com/index.php

I can help out with your thread if there's a lot of people intrested.

I'll post pics of my setup & help out as much as I can but I must stress.... I only use one type of station which is the best company IMOA so will not know about other company's equipment.

Hey dirk,

As you know I run my own weather station & have a weather website, link here..
Http://www.burnhamoncrouchweather.com/index.php

I can help out with your thread if there's a lot of people intrested.

I'll post pics of my setup & help out as much as I can but I must stress.... I only use one type of station which is the best company IMOA so will not know about other company's equipment.
Didn't know there was anything but the best Porky ! When ya get the time all eye's and sure others are looking also ! Thanks as what you have is what I'm wanting ! ;)

Morning/evening, or good night WY;)

Looks like I'm gonna be busy;)

Right it's a goer then.... Must stress that I'm not a rep or have anything to do with the company I use but thats the one I use, best you can buy;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Years ago when I had a ham radio station set up, I used the Davis weather station, can't remember the exact model. It was a very accurate station.

That's the company I use sooo this thread will stay with Davis.

Tapping fingers.gif
I'm waiting... LOL

I believe mine was the Davis Vantage Vue Pro or something like that. It was wireless.You can spend more for units with added functions, so shop around before purchasing. That's about all I can remember to tell you.

Hey Clampit,

If you don't build a webpage on it, I'm just going to cut and paste what you put here and build one myself. That way I will always be able to find it real easy.
You've already got it in your knoggin, if it's posted here, it'll get lost in a week, or a month.
However you share the idea, I'll be happy, and very grateful. :D:D:D:D

Lol WY , love ya to bits:eek:

I believe mine was the Davis Vantage Vue Pro or something like that. It was wireless.You can spend more for units with added functions, so shop around before purchasing. That's about all I can remember to tell you.

Yep your dead right, I'll post a link here then they can search around & get the best deals;)

Right.......l need to take pics of my setup & get more info for you guys, as soon as I do I'll post them on here;)

Right guys,

1st of all my website address is.. Http://www.burnhamoncrouchweather.com/index.php
Have a look at it, remember the side bar menu on the left hand side gives you more info;)

I'm not here to spend your money, only you can do that but if I can point you in the right direction it helps.;) Also you don't have to go with the company that I use, there are so many other company's out there that would be much cheaper but as they say.. "You only get what you pay for"

The website for Davis is.. http://www.davisnet.com
This will give you info on all weather station & extras you could at a later stage add on.

My weather station is a Davis VP2 with 24 hour FARS (fan assisted radiation screen) model number = 6163uk. This model comes standard with solar/UV sensors, image.jpg on the back of this I have a leaf wetness sensor, image.jpg
Which measures rain droplets, this will let you know the 1st sign of rain, measures from 0 (dry) to 15 (wet). Check out my site to see this working.. Http:// www.burnhamoncrouchweather.com/wxlive.php

This photo gives you an idea of where you should position you're weather stationimage.jpg Should be over a grass lawn but NOT positioned over concrete, ideal height, 5 ft above ground.;)

These photos show my anemometer, UV/solar sensors plus my ip camera.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg And all together image.jpg
The ip camera is a live stream but you will need Java installed on you PC.

I also have a temp/moisture sensor in the ground six inches down so I can monitor how dry/hot the soil gets;)

Here's a photo of my anemometer & leaf wetness/soil/temp transmitters. image.jpg

All the information from these units apart from the ip camera are then fed to the heart of the system wirelessly to thisimage.jpg which is located in my study. Then from this its fed straight into my server via Davis weather link then to the Internet which you can see via my website.

I host myself hence having my own server;)

You can start off with the basic setup then add extras at a later stage, this is what most people tend to do, I did;) that's the good thing with Davis products you can add more equipment as & when. If you wanted to you can even increase the range of your weather station by adding repeaters just in case you wanted to have your weather station miles away. All this infomation should be on their website.

On the PC side I use "weather display" software to handle all the information, great bit of software but you don't have to use it, you can just use the Davis weather link to look after all your information.

My website is made up of templates which I can point you in the right direction to get the latest version, mine is an older version:( but still works great:) we can sort this out nearer the time when you're ready for it... It's all php script.

I also feed weather wunderground, American company, check out this link.. Http://www.wunderground.com/weather station/wxdailyhistory.asp?ID=IGREATDU1

I'm also a CWOP member (citizen weather observer program) my Handle is CW5322

I feed both sites with my weather data.

All photos I've done in thumbnail but click on them which will make them much bigger.

I hope the above is not confusing & you find it interesting but fill free to shout me if you need any help;)

Well let's put it Iike this.... I've been helped so much on here so this is the leased I can do to return the favour;);)

Last edited:
Cool Porky !! Now I got some reading to do :eek: Looks like ya got it all covered there .
Thanks for your time in setting those pictures up for us .
Now let me read up on some of this and will be back for more info !
Now let the
crap-hitting-the-fan.gif
:D

Lol, another caption that's made my day:D

Just shout me.;)

Last edited:
Cool..... something else to learn. Thanks. We now know the dampness in UK and soon we will know how the Tomato garden in MS is.. iflyinwY, why don't you just hook a probe up to your freezer in Sept. and call it another day.

BTW - been a sub of Wunderground for a long time. Most accurate data out there. The only other program I have on my phone is "storm".

Gave up on Weather blah blah blah long ago.

Cool..... something else to learn. Thanks. We now know the dampness in UK and soon we will know how the Tomato garden in MS is.. iflyinwY, why don't you just hook a probe up to your freezer in Sept. and call it another day.

BTW - been a sub of Wunderground for a long time. Most accurate data out there. The only other program I have on my phone is "storm".

Well good for you grumpy :).....................................................
Ahaaa megone.gif

Reactions: mad in nc
Thanks for taking the time to lay all that out Clampit. It's great.
I should be home in a couple days and will start building a page...
May I use your pictures in my webpage?

Hey NC,

Wunderground is a very cool site & couldn't agree with you more on your comments about how accurate it is.

Don't give up on the weather blah blah blah thing:eek: it's what people talk about the most;)

Porky ..is this the one to get ? Wireless Vantage Pro2™ Plus including UV & Solar Radiation Sensors

Hey dirk, sounds right but what model number is it & price?;) Don't want ya to buy the wrong model;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers