I took 10 pictures they didn't show up

Reaction score
I was just shooting job took 15 photographs out in direct sunlight clear skies . 94 degrees ,,the i pad got hot and shut down so I got in the car in the air conditioning to cool things down for a bit. tried to upload them on my phone ( as I usually do) and there were only 4 photographs on the memory card . of actually about 15 that I took that should be on this memory card. Without checking the card that I had been using I removed it and put in a brand new one took another 10 photographs removed the memory card from the AC tried to upload those and there were only two pics of 10 i took. I was focusing every shot and heard the picture taking click every shot.
Is this a characteristic of when things heat up. It's 94° in Northeast Pennsylvania..
I have a P4P and using an iPad 2017 on the RC.

Anybody?

1. You need to be patient and wait for answers and not bump your thread after such a short time.
2. Are you shooting in RAW? Are you waiting for the picture to be written to the card before taking the next picture?

No I'm shooting in jpeg I always do.
As far as waiting for the shots to upload there was probably 4 to 5 minutes between pictures.
The second set of pictures I took,the very last two were taken within 30 seconds of each other and they were the only ones out of 10 that came out.

Any of the Drone experts got any ideas on this?

Any of the Drone experts got any ideas on this?
Not this one.
Overheating of your iPad shouldn't have any effect on the camera attached to the drone or its ability to record images to its SD card.
Do the file numbers give you any clues? Are there missing numbers or are they a complete sequence?
Do some testing indoors - no need to start the motors.
See if the issue is repeatable.

There are no other files only 2 out of 10 going to do more testing this week

The phenomenon that I have experienced from time to time with my P4P is that I hear the camera click and don’t always get photos recorded. Why? I don’t know. The secret is to make sure you look at the screen after you take a photo to see the animation around the camera button. Also, without being too scientific about it, it seems that the exposure button on the front of the controller seems like a more sure fire way to get images recorded to the card. (I shoot raw exclusively, by the way.)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1