I think we need to Stop calling them DRONES!

Reaction score
I mean, I don't know about you but I don't see anything at all good coming down the pike
with the **** Government and States/cities/towns and all, making rules that are going to restrict us to
just a little bit of space to fly anymore!!! Really sucks...

BUT, I think we all should start calling our Quads, just that... Quadcopter...

When peole hear DRONE, to me it sounds a lot worse than just quadcopter, no?

I mean, the Military flies DRONES and I think that name just sounds worse off than just
a simple quadcopter doesn't it?

I don't know, that's just me.

And it's true, we need a governing body like the AMA or such to fight for us man before it's to late..

Last edited:
I mean, I don't know about you but I don't see anything at all good coming down the pike
with the **** Government and States/cities/tows and all, making rules that are going to restrict us to

I mean, the Military flies DRONES and I think that name just sounds worse off than just

I don't know, that's just me.

And it's true, we need a governing body like the AMA or such to fight for us man before it's to late..
I'm thinking sometimes if my Phantom 3 standard will be my last drone. With so many regulations, restrictions and upcoming ones, it is making me unenthusiastic about this hobby. I understand that we need to have rules and laws but when these go beyond common senses is that you are wondering if they better banned all drones and sales as well so we don't need to expend money in something that it's evil according to our government.

When I tell people I owen 3 drones or fly drones 0% of them think I own something like a military predator. They know _exaclty_ what I'm talking about. If I tell some one I own a UAV, quad, quadcoptor, etc. I then see a blank stare and I need to say, "drone" so that they understand.

People understand "drone" and I see no reason not to call them this.

The govt. calls them sUAS already.

Quadcopter is a subset of of multi-rotor sUASs.

Having said that, That horse (term Drone) has already left the barn.

Last edited:
Drones. Birds. Quads. Aren't the problem. It's the idiots that fly them where they shouldn't that are going to ruin it for the rest of us.. we need a term for those folks on here. Idiot just doesn't seem to do it justice hahah

Reactions: N017RW
Idiot just doesn't seem to do it justice hahah
They don't follow rules or regulations. Look at the idiot that flew a karma into a stadium full of people and a game in process. He is going to pay a hefty fine. I am glad they caught him. He must think twice again before flying another drone.

Dude should go to jail really and pay a fine. I have 0 patience for stupid people. Specially if they're going to ruin a hobby I just paid a small fortune to get into lol.

Reactions: macoman
If you had of searched for this topic or if we are pilots or operators you would have seen this has been beat to death .
You did realize when you joined PhantomPilots that it's only 1 forum of 9 of this
dp_150.png
Afraid it's here to stay .

Reactions: macoman
If you had of searched for this topic or if we are pilots or operators you would have seen this has been beat to death .
You did realize when you joined PhantomPilots that it's only 1 forum of 9 of this
View attachment 83021 Afraid it's here to stay .

How do you know I didn't search ????
I did and I saw! SO what does that mean, I can't voice my opinion?
There's hundreds of posts out here talking about similar topics so why
say that??

How do you know I didn't search ????
I did and I saw! SO what does that mean, I can't voice my opinion?
There's hundreds of posts out here talking about similar topics so why
say that??
Oh yes you can voice your opinion and is best to do so in a thread already posted on the subject instead of starting a new one .
That is why I said that .:)

with the **** Government and States/cities/towns and all, making rules that are going to restrict us to

You're many days late to the party on this one. Once mainstream media picked up on the term and slashed it on every paper, magazine, TV/Movie etc and turned it into a bad word you can go ahead and save your breath. It's going to be with us forever more whether we like it or not.

The AMA could have helped this cause earlier on but they were afraid of drones and drones operators have long since resented the AMA for obvious reasons. I'm afraid it's already too late in many respects.

The govt. calls them sUAS already.

Quadcopter is a subset of multi-rotor sUASs.

Having said that, That horse (term Drone) has already left the barn.

And this reply NAILED it!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Oh OK
Forget it..
We'll all just sit around with our thumbs up and wait and see what happens.
Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik