I think they've missed the mark.

Reaction score
Having just bought a p3p I will not be considering a p4. The upgrades/changes just don't do it for me.

Leads me the wonder what DJI can do to bridge the gap between the inspire and 3/4 models?

I think that anything that does will shoot themselves in the foot. Don't get me wrong, they are great machines but I just don't how they can make the lesser better before it encroaches on he inspire model.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Having just bought a p3p I will not be considering a p4. The upgrades/changes just don't do it for me.

Leads me the wonder what DJI can do to bridge the gap between the inspire and 3/4 models?

I think that anything that does will shoot themselves in the foot. Don't get me wrong, they are great machines but I just don't how they can make the lesser better before it encroaches on he inspire model.

Considering your first 11 words, I see your point.

Reactions: Dirty Bird

Easy. Watching the Inspire line up you can see that it is moving into the professional domain, especially with the new cameras which are approaching professional quality. The Phantom line is designed for the hobbiest and enthusiast and the masses. Technology from the Inspire line will continue to trickle down to the Phantom line but will always be aimed at beginners (easy to fly out of the box).

I think they really would have shot themselves in the foot if they had added retractable landing gear and a 360 degree gimbal to the P4 like many thought prior to release. The clarity on the Inspire 1 is a bit better than the P3P but the big jump is getting the X5 or X5R which has a pretty hefty price tag.

having bought a P3P during the Black Friday sale at Bestbuy, I have had nothing but problems with my camera and gimbal. I exchanged for a different unit 5 times until Bestbuy said no more exchanges and then I sent it in to DJI to be repaired. They replaced the camera but after just 2 flights the same problems are happening again with the gimbal. I am not going to send it in again if I don't have to, I will try my best to get bestbuy to let me return it. It sucks that the 4 does not have a much better camera but they do say that the lense has been improved for dramatically sharper images, and the gimbal looks like it has the tilt problem fixed due to the fact that the camera is connected on both sides. If Bestbuy won't let me return it I am going to file a case with my card issuer. For the reasons stated above I will be purchasing a P4 and I will also have 3 P3 batteries and an assortment of filters and camera holders for sale as well, I just hope my dronecrates backpack will fit the P4.

having bought a P3P during the Black Friday sale at Bestbuy, I have had nothing but problems with my camera and gimbal. I exchanged for a different unit 5 times until Bestbuy said no more exchanges and then I sent it in to DJI to be repaired. They replaced the camera but after just 2 flights the same problems are happening again with the gimbal. I am not going to send it in again if I don't have to, I will try my best to get bestbuy to let me return it. It sucks that the 4 does not have a much better camera but they do say that the lense has been improved for dramatically sharper images, and the gimbal looks like it has the tilt problem fixed due to the fact that the camera is connected on both sides. If Bestbuy won't let me return it I am going to file a case with my card issuer. For the reasons stated above I will be purchasing a P4 and I will also have 3 P3 batteries and an assortment of filters and camera holders for sale as well, I just hope my dronecrates backpack will fit the P4.
Weird, I wonder if it was a bad batch that Best Buy received.

it was focus issues with the camera and gimbal tilt issues. it was 1 degree or so off tilt on the horizon and the camera just wanders around during flight, usually when I turn but sometimes when it is totally still. When I use the C1+C2+right wheel combo to adjust the tilt mid flight it just goes right back to tilted. I shot a video two days ago with 2mph wind and let the phantom hover in place for 3 minutes filming a train and I intended to edit the video in Premier Pro so it would look like it was shot on a tripod from the air. Well the video was not even usable because the camera was tilting around so much. I know the P3P is a "Prosumer" device and I didn't expect to get DSLR quality photos out of if but I did expect to get usable footage and photos that were focused at infinity like it states in the specs. It is more like the center is focused but the edges are all out of focus. I think DJI made a lot of bad mistakes with the P3 and now they seem to have made them right with the P4 (hopefully) DJI will never admit to it but I believe there is a very large "bad batch" of Phantoms and batteries out there, or maybe it is the way they are shipped to Bestbuy. One of the P3P I exchanged had the cable pulled out of the top of the gimbal so there was no video feed, I think it got unplugged from the camera bouncing around so much (the plastic gimbal holder was shook loose) And the P3P I have now had the battery dislodged about 1cm but it would have fallen out completely but that was all the room the box had let it come out. Every single one has had focus issues though, maybe they had tilt issues too but this is my first phantom and I think I just didn't notice until this latest one as I do not live in a flat area and never noticed until it started wandering around mid flight. I have done cold IMU calibration etc, nothing works.

IMO, The Inspires will always have elements for the professional. There will be a lot of manual "things" left to the operator to control.

Where as I think with the Phantom, DJI wants it to be your personal photographer/videographer. Like a "launch, forget, recover". Where you tell it to make you the POI, follow you, photography/video this. Very basic stuff... I only use this comparison in its "conops" like the Lilly...

IMO, The Inspires will always have elements for the professional. There will be a lot of manual "things" left to the operator to control.

Where as I think with the Phantom, DJI wants it to be your personal photographer/videographer. Like a "launch, forget, recover". Where you tell it to make you the POI, follow you, photography/video this. Very basic stuff... I only use this comparison in its "conops" like the Lilly...
LOL I thought of that too watching the videos yesterday.... The P4 is now a Lilly!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj