I think that there should be a minimum post count or member since date in order to sell things.

Reaction score
I think there should be some sort of requirement to be able to sell in the Classifieds, such as post count or membership time. I know that doesn't 100% guarantee anything, but it sure would help. They way this is now, someone with zero post count could set up an account. Advertise a $1200 never been flown P4 Pro. Collect the money and be gone just like that. Or even worse, collecting $2400 by selling it to 2 people in 1 day.

Time and post count doesn't always work either. There was a group of about a dozen on a MC forum that were close, chatted every day. It took about a year, but one started gradually trying to use the "just pay me for shipping and I'll send you a motorcycle that I have no use for and you can have it for nothing" scam. A YEAR!! I was long gone by then, heard about it from others.

At the same time, I've had excellent luck on here with people that I'd only chatted the first day we made the deal... so TJ's post make a lot of sense... listen to your instincts!

Good point though Matt, to refresh the fact that we need to be "aware".

Reactions: Matts175
I look at how they want to be paid and try and see if I can find the members name on FB or just where ever.
I don't care who it is. Just always CYA .
And that's Cover Your Assetts before someone gets on me .

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm just biding my time. One of these days, I'm scamming ALL of you. Maybe when my post count hits 1000.

Caveat emptor*, suckers!

* that means something in Latin.

Hey I know you. Think I bought something from you.
IMG_7954.GIF

Yep, a P2V camera just under 3 years ago. All part of my plan.

Dirk, do you ever fly your P2V anymore?

Reactions: dirkclod
Yep, a P2V camera just under 3 years ago. All part of my plan.

Dirk, do you ever fly your P2V anymore?
Yeah to practice in atti in the wind. Still enjoy it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31