I think my stock repeater is toast - opinions please!

Reaction score
I took my P2V out this afternoon, and the FPV started acting weird. It took much longer than usual for my iPhone to connect to the P2V wifi. Once it did, I got a "connection failed" message and lost FPV/telemetry almost immediately. I went through that cycle a couple more times, after which, although I eventually connect to the wifi, I get no telemetry or FPV. I've power cycled everything many times, and even re-flashed the camera firmware. No change.

Then it occurred to me to try re-binding the repeater to the camera. I used the reset button per the manual's instructions, but when I go to the "binding" tab in the app, all I get is "Get repeater info failed". I did actually get into the binding dialog once, and scanned the QR code. Once I touched the check mark, though, the app just churned. I finally killed it after 10 minutes or so.

I think it's the repeater. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Should I be looking elsewhere for the problem?

DJI agreed with my diagnosis. It's only going to take THREE WEEKS to get it repaired. Time to buy a spare!

Mosleyh,

I bought one to try and hack it for working with the FC40. Doesn't look like it is going to work, so if you want a replacement / spare at a discounted price still in new in the box, drop me a PM and I will cut you a deal and ship it to you this week. I was never able to figure out the data in the QR code to even try hacking with it.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I appreciate the offer, but I had already ordered one by the time I wrote that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20