I think I messed up.

Reaction score
So I took my controller apart to drill for the threaded nut insert to add the DJI tablet mount. Everything was going good until I was breaking off some of the excess plastic on the support rib, and a wire came loose from its connector. It was 1 of the gray wires going to an antenna. It pulled from its connector, like it was crimped on well. How delicate are these to fix. I slid the wire back in and hot glued it, because I didn't know if I could try and crimp it myself, but as I'm sure you know, that didn't work. So, can I easily get the connector off of what it is connected to, and re crimp it onto the wire, or...what?

Please post detailed photos to show what you're describing above.

[file]Remote Picture|none[/file]

The yellow highlighted box is what I am taking about. The gray wire came out of one of these connections. I was wondering how hard will it be to fix that?

You need to be more careful! lol It's gonna go back in the same way it came out. Remove glue from connector and (carefully) pull off connector. Loosen crimp (CAREFULLY "see where I'm going w/ this") re-crimp and shrink wrap. Make sure connector gets fully seated back into the male portion. Thats where everybody seems to screw up

Be sure to hot glue the connector also. Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj