I Think I May Need Professional Help...........

Reaction score
I'm brand new to this site and the DJI Phantom World. I purchased a Phantom 2 v2 w/ 3h-3d gimbal. I already have a GoPro 3 that I use on my motorcycles and such. Since my original purchase arrived on friday, I haven't flown it yet, (too windy and rainy), But I have purchased:
1. FPV System with 7" monitor
2. Secraft TX Tray with all accessories
3. Several different schemes that apply to the shell
4. Filter set for GoPro to eliminate prop flutter
5. 2 cases for all the stuff to go flying
6. Retractable landing gear set-up from RC Depot
7. Copper Tape & Film tape to do the sat mod
8. Additional transmitter - Devo 7
9. Prop balancer and shaft.
Other stuff I know I'm forgetting.

My plan is to learn to fly using no additional accessories or GoPro until I'm familiar with flying and not crashing my bird. Oh, got prop guards and still waiting for the quick release thingy.

My question is this. Is this normal behavior in The Phantom World, or should I seek professional help?
I have read quite a bit on this site and have learned alot, thanks to all of you. Thanks for your help and the help I know I can count on in the future.
Phantom 2 Obsessed in Pennsylvania, Kevin.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Phantom! There's an endless amount of Phantom accessories. Try to pace yourself :D

Reactions: Hughie
Thank you for the link to additional accessories. Thinking of dipping it in Carbon Fiber film among other things, thanks to my bestest new friend msinger ! :D It may never get off the ground at this rate!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Phantom! There's an endless amount of Phantom accessories. Try to pace yourself :D

Thank you for the link to additional accessories. Thinking of dipping it in Carbon Fiber film among other things, thanks to my bestest new friend msinger ! :D It may never get off the ground at this rate!
Well he is the Ambassador of "latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom".

;)

Reactions: dirkclod
blank stare.png
professional help o_O
just kidding.jpg
;)
Welcome to the forum Kevin :)

gingerbloke. Do you have cameras in my house? I have several smaller copters I have been practicing on for a little while before I decided to get my Phantom. Nobody told me that when you sign up here on the site, you allow total disclosure, inside and out. :D:) P.S. My cats hate it when I'm performing flying lessons in the house, Props turn on, Cats disappear !!

My first 'accessory' for a Phantom would definitely be a little hubsan Q4 to practice on :)

Some pics of the hydro dipping process
b65840a2559ad935e40cd2380d16e0b4.jpg
0c141ed483bcb619a49f904c3d957388.jpg
8c84a6330c88ded5f6a8745839df1589.jpg
cdd0a5f7bfec3a0d029ecd6b51f730e9.jpg
d695a11fffa12777fc6551b1d06c75d9.jpg
968c569c8639ad1d91524d1c437f8246.jpg

Thought they might be of interest to ya, btw the guy who did it took his time & did the job right, he also suggested that I had a shiny finish,,, which I opted out of & I'm happy that I did, I'm pleased with the matt finish ,but that choice would be down to self preference , good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the look I'm after. Kudos to your "dipper". That turned out perfectly. Guess I'd better order the Dip Kit today and get that done.
Thanks for the pics PhantomOfTheSky. You have one sweet bird there.

Your welcome , & thx

You'll do fine. Baby steps first with proper butt out orientation and then try actually flying as if the P2 was a remote control airplane which will challenge orientation. Just remember to build a checklist of what you need to do in prep for each flight and review the chx list. Battery charged, radio switches in the proper position, GPS lights on,& check for people around, etc.

You'll do fine. Baby steps first with proper butt out orientation and then try actually flying as if the P2 was a remote control airplane which will challenge orientation. Just remember to build a checklist of what you need to do in prep for each flight and review the chx list. Battery charged, radio switches in the proper position, GPS lights on,& check for people around, etc.
Baby steps sound good to me. I don't want to crash and burn. Just have to find some time now. Getting real busy with works and such. So far I've only gotten to install RC & P2 Assistants, Calibrate the compass on both, and update the software and firmware. Trying to follow the suggested things to do by all the great people here and on the web. Today I'm making a block of time to do the GPS copper mod, install a decal on the Phantom and Controller. Flying will have to wait till the weekend, as I will have to travel a bit to get to a place big enough to fly. Thanks for the advice Bill S. It is greatly appreciated.

Put a sticker on with contact details 'REWARD - <phone number>'

Most important Phantom mod, do it right now :)

A
Baby steps sound good to me. I don't want to crash and burn. Just have to find some time now. Getting real busy with works and such. So far I've only gotten to install RC & P2 Assistants, Calibrate the compass on both, and update the software and firmware. Trying to follow the suggested things to do by all the great people here and on the web. Today I'm making a block of time to do the GPS copper mod, install a decal on the Phantom and Controller. Flying will have to wait till the weekend, as I will have to travel a bit to get to a place big enough to fly. Thanks for the advice Bill S. It is greatly appreciated.

Put a sticker on with contact details 'REWARD - <phone number>'

Most important Phantom mod, do it right now :)

A
Thanks for the reminder GingerBloke. I've seen that several times and didn't do it yet. I have a P-Tounch labeler I use for wiring jobs around here somewhere. Moving it up to the top of the Phantom "To Do" list. Thanks again for the reminder. Kevin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.