I tend to take risks with my Phantom. Do U take risks or do U play it safe?

Reaction score
I've gotten pretty good as far as maneuvering and I have been taking some pretty risky flights with my P3P as of late.

Like this morning, I sat in the warmth of my truck in an empty mall parking lot and flew 4,000 feet to an abandon 20 story hotel and flew a few feet from it getting some interesting footage of what looks like squatters' mattresses and belongings as I flew sideways looking into all of the suites.

last week I flew 12,000 feet over a lake to take some really closeup video and snapshots of these almost 500 foot smokestacks. I was so close, i could count each brick!

I always seem to see how far I can go before losing battery power.

Please, I'm not bragging and I DO NOT recommend anyone doing this. I just push the envelope sometimes and hope that I don't crash it.

One thing that I always do is try to fly without putting others in harms way and I obey the laws.

So, I'm sure I'm not the only one who takes risks am I?

What kind of flying do you guys do?

What does your typical flight look like?

Yes. I to started taking chances. Luckily Amazon replaced mine. I do not take chances anymore. When your drone is crashed and dead. You think twice.

Yes. I to started taking chances. Luckily Amazon replaced mine. I do not take chances anymore. When your drone is crashed and dead. You think twice.

Taking chances just remember height is the key and check uavforcast before any long flights.

Taking chances just remember height is the key and check uavforcast before any long flights.

yes!

before a long distance flight, i like to take her up a couple hundred feet and hover in atti mode and see which way the wind is going and how quickly it start to drift away. that gives me a good idea of how I can take advantage of the wind (in atti mode) to get to or from somewhere much quicker. if you're thinking about an LD run, you need to factor in the fact that if you went a mile in one direction at 35 mph, the slightest wind could make it where you only do 25 mph on the way back and time and battery life is of essence!

also you don't want to be on a LD flight and get caught in the rain!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik