I stumbled across some snow geese, what a lovely view!

This starts out dark at first but I'm struggling to keep them in frame and the light gets much better.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let me know what you think!

I think you were stressing them out! They were actively trying to get away from you.
Not cool.

Reactions: Wilfros
I think you were stressing them out! They were actively trying to get away from you.
Not cool.
I hear what ya saying but they seemed to stay in formation and think if he was stressing them they would have scattered .
I deal with them a lot when they migrate every year here and is why I say that .
I am all against messing with wildlife Erroll but don't think this was the case here .
JMO .

I talked to them after they landed and they said there was no stress and no problem......
Hmmmmm.... ya talked to em huh o_O
I'm worried about ya now Joey ;)

I don't know but i try to stay away from all birds.You never know when they see you as enemy and...attack :p

The Blue Hole is in Florida. Beautiful video.
Each winter we have about 80,000 Snow Geese migrate from Siberia to spend the winter and spring in Skagit Valley Washington (just north of Seattle). It is spectacular. There are several thousand Tundra Swans that also winter over in the same area. Very cool to see acres of turned fields covered in white as the geese and swans feed. Would love to film them with the drone, but probably would have a crowd with pitchforks surround me and accuse of harassing the birds.

Reactions: dirkclod
Not cool.

I don't think they were stressed. He was hundreds of feet away. If you notice they also flew over a hawk or large bird of some kind. Didn't avoid him either. Regardless, they would've scattered.

If you watch a National Geographic film or a Discovery Channel film on migrating birds, you'll notice the HELICOPTER gets very close to the flocks in many shots.

Respect wildlife, but don't let the PC police ruin your day.

Reactions: Goldni and JoeyJoe
The Blue Hole is in Florida. Beautiful video.
Each winter we have about 80,000 Snow Geese migrate from Siberia to spend the winter and spring in Skagit Valley Washington (just north of Seattle). It is spectacular. There are several thousand Tundra Swans that also winter over in the same area. Very cool to see acres of turned fields covered in white as the geese and swans feed. Would love to film them with the drone, but probably would have a crowd with pitchforks surround me and accuse of harassing the birds.
We get em in our rice fields in the Delta here and I mean it looks like solid snow . I would be scared they would fly up and then there would be a mess . The farmers here hate em and call in the Wildlife Dept. to help try and keep them from destroying all their crops .

Reactions: GoodnNuff
We get em in our rice fields in the Delta here and I mean it looks like solid snow . I would be scared they would fly up and then there would be a mess . The farmers here hate em and call in the Wildlife Dept. to help try and keep them from destroying all their crops .
Yeah, the farmers here dislike them too. Did you ever see them up in Skagit Valley when you spent time in this part of the country, Dirk?

And yes, if I flew over them in the field, I'd be afraid of them flying up, leaving me with some interesting film and the makings for a down comforter and some pillows. But filming from above the valley from the hills would be cool.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah, the farmers here dislike them too. Did you ever see them up in Skagit Valley when you spent time in this part of the country, Dirk?

And yes, if I flew over them in the field, I'd be afraid of them flying up, leaving me with some interesting film and the makings for a down comforter and some pillows. But filming from above the valley from the hills would be cool.
Naaa I never did see them but did everything else ! Is the most beautiful place I have ever lived . I did live in Marathon in the Keys for a year and was really nice there too but not like Seattle !

Small question .. did you film it in automatic mode because i see the brightness change when you turn around and to the sun.
You should not film in automatics mode but regulate the shuttre time yourself ... try it and you will see that your recordings improve.
Also film in LOG mode. Run the recording thru the DJI transcoding tool to apco (proxy). Then you should be able to make some modifications to brightness, contrast and colorgrading in you editing software (should support Apple Prores 422) and voila a professional looking video ...
Marnix

[
Small question .. did you film it in automatic mode because i see the brightness change when you turn around and to the sun.
You should not film in automatics mode but regulate the shuttre time yourself ... try it and you will see that your recordings improve.
Also film in LOG mode. Run the recording thru the DJI transcoding tool to apco (proxy). Then you should be able to make some modifications to brightness, contrast and colorgrading in you editing software (should support Apple Prores 422) and voila a professional looking video ...
Marnix
blank stare.png
..ya lost me after ..
Small question

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.