I seem to be the only one with this problem! Help Please! Grainy video all the sudden!

Reaction score
All the sudden when i record it looks like crap, it's really grainy and I also think the quality dropped too! I always record in full 4K 24fps, and found out this problem is the same no matter what resolution i record in. I was using DJI Go app, before yesterday's update.(haven't tested it yet with new DJI Go app) Latest phantom 3 pro firmware, iphone 6s ios9.0.2. I've been looking for someone with my problem and a solution, but no luck. Video is uploading to youtube now. It started to record like this after the Oct 9th DJI Go app update. Doubt that's why it's recording like this, but it's the only thing I can think of. No crashes or water touched it and it sits in a dronecrates case when I'm not using it. I'm hoping it's not the camera.

Last edited:
Here's the video recorded in full 4k 24fps sorry no music and thought it was the 2min clip no wonder it took so long to upload lol

I filmed it in full 4K 24fps with AWB and vivid color, so I think the iso is automatically set, right? Never had this problem before and always used these settings. Besides experimenting with log and the other settings, but just thought the vivid looks the best for me. Also doesn't look that bad on phone, guess you need a bigger screen to really see how grainy it is.

I'm going to save you from hours of trying to figure out the problem. I just went through this myself. You have a issue with either or both the camera ribbon cable and/or the short wire harness that connects between the back of the gimbal plate to the front of the vps. Use an object to move the harness while recording then watch back and see if there was any interference changes. If so, you will know that is at least part of the problem. Also lightly touch the ribbon cable where it enters into the top plate. Mine became unstuck at that point and with little movement it would show interference change in recorded video.

I fixed these myself which saved me from not having my aircraft for weeks.

Btw, mine also just started doing this problem out of nowhere.

Reactions: emoney609 and Oso
All connections seem good, gonna unplug and replug to see if problem gets fixed. You didn't have to touch that little black ribbon? I have the gimbal guard but after seeing that delicate looking ribbon, I might get that other protector that covers that wire. If camera still works like it did.

Last edited:
The ribbon cable is actually pretty durable. Touching it wont hurt anything. You just don't want to loosen any connections in any way. Most all of my ribbon cable issues were inside the upper plate. I would notice a change in video with motors spinning, holding the aircraft and rotating it around while recording. Basically I was simulating it flying. You need to remove the props before this test though.

This might just be the problem, guess I smushed the wire installing the UAV bits carbon fiber camera guard. Only thing that's weird is this just started happening and I installed that in July. But definitely looks messed up and looks like I have to take the thing apart just to install that wire?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445532604.505936.jpg

Reactions: HD pilot
I can't find a guide on how to replace that wire. I've seen where it connects to on motherboard. Does anybody know if you can just slide a new connector through the body? I'm guessing that you have to lift the motherboard slide the wire through. Just don't want to attempt till I have a better understanding on how to replace it. Thanks for the feedback

Looks like iso too high..
Thanks a lot the iso was set to 1600 and I don't remember changing it to that, but set to auto and it dropped to 100 and its recording perfect again. So my wire still works and my iso was set to high! Problem solved

Last edited:
Thanks a lot the iso was set to 1600 and I don't remember changing it to that, but set to auto and it dropped to 100 and its recording perfect again. So my wire still works and my iso was set to high! Problem solved

I seriously doubt that was the problem. I would tend to think you likely have a short in that harness and moving it around has temporarily cleared things up for you.

It would probably be wise to take advantage of this opportunity and start looking into what it will take to replace that harness. Or at least that what I would do. At any rate, at least now you have some idea what may likely be your problem.

It's definitely the iso, cause it did the same thing until I dropped it to 100. Go ahead a set your iso to 1600 and see what it looks like.

It's definitely the iso, cause it did the same thing until I dropped it to 100. Go ahead a set your iso to 1600 and see what it looks like.

Ok I will be sure and check it the next time (maybe later tonight) I power up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4