I see flight log from October, 2016. I just got my drone, brand new...

Reaction score
Hey Pilots,

A new Phantom 4 pilot here and new to the forum.

I haven't really flown my bird yet, (in the most restricted no-fly zone area: read DC).

While upgrading the drone firmware, I noticed that there is a flight log from October, 2016. I got the drone in December 28th.. Is that a firmware log? After upgrading the firmware, I also noticed fresh logs for today, though haven't taken it out to fly. What could it be?

Thanks!

While upgrading the drone firmware, I noticed that there is a flight log from October, 2016
That was most likely from DJI testing your Phantom prior to shipping it.

After upgrading the firmware, I also noticed fresh logs for today, though haven't taken it out to fly.
A new flight log is created when you power on your Phantom.

That was most likely from DJI testing your Phantom prior to shipping it.

A new flight log is created when you power on your Phantom.

As a good practice, manufacturers are expected to clear off all the test data before shipping the product out. If this is true what msinger is saying then It shows a negative side of DJI QA.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well, there are some less likely scenarios -- like the OP was sold a used unit. Other people have found flight logs and/or photos/videos on the memory card in the past.

Well, there are some less likely scenarios -- like the OP was sold a used unit. Other people have found flight logs and/or photos/videos on the memory card in the past.

This is another concern. Finally all this boils down to not good QA practices.

I hope it is a qa test. The drone was bought from Adorama (a legit nyc camera store) as a bundle (spare battery, propellers, and a dji backpack for $1098). I called them several times to make sure I am not buying a refurbished/used item. They reassured that everything was brand new...

This is another concern. Finally all this boils down to not good QA practices.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity check in go app in the battery section to see how many charges the batteries have.

In the flight log does it give a location as to where it was flown?
Hopefully it should be at the factory from which it was built

I have 2 flight log entries, almost 2 months earlier than the drone was even received? The really strange part is, the location of the flight was at my dads house. The bird wasn't powered up until 2/28/17 (it was ordered online 2/11/17 and the flight log was 1/03/17. (And 30 miles from the first power up)
It is a refurbished P4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20