I screwed up!

Reaction score
Behind my home is a small green belt of mostly evergreen trees, I'd lost a Syma droid in this plot of trees, approx. 1,000 ' x 100' of thick, 30-50' mostly conifers.
So, lets take my new Phantom 3 adv. & do a flyover looking for the little droid. I'm about 250' into the bush, at 80' & I;m just setting up POI to fly around where the Syma was last seen & I hear a Whrrrringgggg, whrrrr & a mess. pops up- "obstructed motor", I hit the throttle which causes another, louder WHHHRRRRing, like another motor is now chopping wood!,
I kill the motors, Oh Jeez, I;m feeling sick as I realize I;m into a tree, image on my monitor shows a blue spruce branch & a big chunk of sky.
#'s say 265' & 80' high, if I look closely the ground does rise across the street at the edge of this mini forest.
Anyway, I;m trying to be positive, blue spruce are the minority in this forest of pine, cedar, & a few deciduous. Should help narrow the search. The trees were planted about 3-5' apart so going is tough, low branchs mostly dead, snap as you push through them or slap you in the face, some places I look up & can't see sky its so thick!
I;m home dressing for the search, long sleeves, hat & safety glasses, Wish me luck boys & any tips, ?
Freaking out in Ontario, Canada!

Just in time for Christmas in July. Chop that tree down!
:)
Kidding aside, I hope you find it and are able to recuse it. On the bright side, at least you didn't hit concrete from 80' up.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I miss understood. This whole thing started because you didn't realize your p3 was in a tree?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Best wishes.

Syma or Phantom, younger or big brother, danger is same for all.

Reactions: snowghost
Good luck Royster.

good luck hope you get it back

"I'm a lumberjack and I don't care..." Remember Monty Pythons when you begin the search... ;-)

Sorry about that inadvertent tree landing. Hopefully you can find it soon and bring it home, intact.
Good luck, best wishes.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: flpholt
I've inlisted our local boy scout troop who need the "reward" for new equipment, that & 4 blue jay tickets for home game got me 6 big kids, wish me luck!
Royster
you will find it

Will they bring the Boy Scout belt hatchets? 6 strong healthy boys, 6 sharp axe heads chopping... Heck you should be back home in plenty of time for afternoon tea and crumpet...

If they helped you, but didn't tell you, they would be doing their good deed... As it should be!! Hahaha

RedHotPoker

No Joy today, but, back at home looked at flight logs, we have narrowed it down to an area of 15' wide x about 20 deep.(weren't looking here at all).
Shows I dropped to 74', then the message comes up- "Motor obstruction", spot where she stops. i'm assuming that's one tall **** tree!
That area, the tree branches are all dead to about 30' up, so easy to see that far, then its just thick with foliage to tops. These trees were planted, what, 50 or more years ago, can hardly walk between them.
At least we know where to look now or climb!
Back at it

2 things...
First, you can go at night and look for the lights on it. I have heard of others doing this a day later and it was still lit.
Second, you don't know anyone that has another drone to do a search and rescue?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Behind my home is a small green belt of mostly evergreen trees, I'd lost a Syma droid in this plot of trees, approx. 1,000 ' x 100' of thick, 30-50' mostly conifers.
So, lets take my new Phantom 3 adv. & do a flyover looking for the little droid. I'm about 250' into the bush, at 80' & I;m just setting up POI to fly around where the Syma was last seen & I hear a Whrrrringgggg, whrrrr & a mess. pops up- "obstructed motor", I hit the throttle which causes another, louder WHHHRRRRing, like another motor is now chopping wood!,
I kill the motors, Oh Jeez, I;m feeling sick as I realize I;m into a tree, image on my monitor shows a blue spruce branch & a big chunk of sky.
#'s say 265' & 80' high, if I look closely the ground does rise across the street at the edge of this mini forest.
Anyway, I;m trying to be positive, blue spruce are the minority in this forest of pine, cedar, & a few deciduous. Should help narrow the search. The trees were planted about 3-5' apart so going is tough, low branchs mostly dead, snap as you push through them or slap you in the face, some places I look up & can't see sky its so thick!
I;m home dressing for the search, long sleeves, hat & safety glasses, Wish me luck boys & any tips, ?
Freaking out in Ontario, Canada!

Ok, let me get this straight...

You crashed a second drone while looking for your first drone you crashed in trees you knew were there because you had crashed your first drone into them AND you live there.

That about sum it up?

As for tips? Yea. Stop flying there. :)

Reactions: Wibble and flpholt
Perfect response. What a ray of sunshine and beam of hope...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: pomonabill220
"I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok..."

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik