I retract my previous comments on P4 poor range.

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I discovered the trick for my P4 , the RC has a very narrow angle of transmission, at least mine does,
if I tilted the transmitter up ever so slightly I lost signal, same thing tilting it down ever so slightly,
I would lose signal. so when I found just the right place to hold the transmitter I was able to maintain signal out to over 16k.
My two P3P's do not seem to be so sensitive with the angle of the RC during distance flights.
My best flight so far, I had a blast !!
This is stock, no windsurfer, nothing !!

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I discovered the trick for my P4 , the RC has a very narrow angle of transmission, at least mine does,
if I tilted the transmitter up ever so slightly I lost signal, same thing tilting it down ever so slightly,
I would lose signal. so when I found just the right place to hold the transmitter I was able to maintain signal out to over16k.
My two P3P's do not seem to be so sensitive with the angle of the RC during distance flights.
What bit rate did you set the transmission quality to?

Hey guys,
I would lose signal. so when I found just the right place to hold the transmitter I was able to maintain signal out to over16k.
I start flickering at 2300' or so....afraid to go further with my P4 right now...how do you have the antenna's positioned? Are they Vertical at 180 degrees?

Why does you DJI Go App look a little different? I am using adroid though...is it the Apple version? Thanks!!

Reactions: GreggC
I start flickering at 2300' or so....afraid to go further with my P4 right now...how do you have the antenna's positioned? Are they Vertical at 180 degrees?

Why does you DJI Go App look a little different? I am using adroid though...is it the Apple version? Thanks!!

I have a ipad,
I updated to the current DJI GO app.

Perpendicular for sure,
However I was closely watching the RC Strength meter,
When I would see a bar disappear I'd slightly alter the angle
Until it would come back or stabilize, i really just flew the
Meter till I could not compensate, at that point I was at 16.2k

Reactions: RadioMike
I found that the signal meter in the left lower portion of my screen is not accurate as well ( not seen on your screen because you are in sport mode).

When pointed straight at bird meter showed P4 off to the right, but I was able to fly out past 10k feet stock before losing signal. When using signal meter to "align" the RC and P4 I got 6k to 8k feet max.

I agree totally that the alignment needs to very precise at these longer ranges as even minor changes in angle cause significant changes in signal strength.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I found that the signal meter in the left lower portion of my screen is not accurate as well ( not seen on your screen because you are in sport mode).

When pointed straight at bird meter showed P4 off to the right, but I was able to fly out past 10k feet stock before losing signal. When using signal meter to "align" the RC and P4 I got 6k to 8k feet max.

I agree totally that the alignment needs to very precise at these longer ranges as even minor changes in angle cause significant changes in signal strength.

would a windsurfer help with that?

The direction of the aircraft relative to the orientation of the controller is completely dependent on the compass information from your mobile device. If there is any magnetic interference around, or if the mobile device compass is out of calibration, then that direction may be quite inaccurate.

I really wish the android software had the nicer circles for HS and VS like the IOS but hate the IOS hiding the map, over the attitude gimbal

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj