I really want more flight time... so what if I ruin a battery after 20 flights.

Reaction score
I'm sure it sounds stupid to some, but I get so close to getting the shot/video that I want and then the **** battery starts whining about wanting to come home. I find myself with 11.3 or 11.2 volts, hours later when I'm getting ready to charge them.

I've got Multistar 4000's and a few 2700s. They are $25 batteries for cripes sake, and I'm thinking my time is worth more than the silly battery. No, I don't burn money to keep warm, the point is my time and the opportunity to get the shot/video verses making the battery last for a year, or two. Well I don't care if the battery lasts a year if it gets me what I need right then. Think about it, a $25 battery, or the "Once in a lifetime shot", that's my point.

So, who has ridiculously low settings and gets any kind of life (10 or 20 flights) out of their batteries?
Who doesn't value each and every flight at a mere $2.50? I've never, ever had a flight that wouldn't be worth a couple bucks.

Please include all pertinent battery information with your reply.

Thanks folks.

Applause! Applause! That's why I love my fc40!

I use both multistar 4000's and stock 2700's and have safely dropped my settings to these. I have a heavy payload and monitor post results on Flytrex until I felt comfortable using these values for both battery types. I think I can go lower, but this is good enough for me. I usually run till low battery landing. Btw- I'm about 200ft above sea level when not at the beach [emoji6]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1433817029.863066.jpg

Reactions: IflyinWY
Thanks for sharing 2nd2non. Your numbers are closer together than mine. I've dropped my 2nd level loaded to 10.4, but haven't kept the bird flying till auto land. That's all I can remember at the moment and I'm out of town, so I can't check.

I have my 2nd at 10.4 too. Just in case u need it, I have a battery voltage on my fpv anyway

The multistar 4000s don't like to get down too low from my experience. I bring mine to 11.1 usually getting me 15 min flight. My one just started getting a little puffy after about 10 to 15 flights on it tho. The stock 2200 batteries on the other hand are soo tough. I had one down to 7 volts or something when I lost my drone for like 20 min or so and that thing is still just as good as the others I have.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31