I paid for 12mp and only get .7? can someone explain?

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just tripped over this using my dexter station on my galaxy and just came back in from a fly and was going to do some editing. Just started to learn about using raw files instead of jpg. More info in the poicture. So when I viewed the info on the pic this is what it said ......... look at the pic I uploaded if it doesn't display it. I have a p3p and was using litchi. I don't remember any settings in any of my apps that say anything about picture resolution except the ratio. Nothings els. I have the newest everything software and firmware.

Attachments

• 1504119929930462002915.jpg
    1504119929930462002915.jpg
    727.1 KB · Views: 550
I think the 16:9 video ratio is a crop off the taller 4:3 ratio so that would also make it smaller.

Reactions: Numone
IIRC, the sensor is 16:9 in size. 4:3 is actually a crop of the 16:9.

Does ANYONE read the owners manual of these things? Geeze.

C'mon .... who reads manuals ??

I call it the "Wife and Washing Machine Syndrome" .....

Nigel

Max resolution = 4000×3000 = 12 MP = 4:3
16:9 is achieved by cutting off the top and bottom to get a narrower image.
Ok, wasn't sure. Thought it was the other way round. Thanks for throwing the info out there to clarify it. Much appreciated.

Does ANYONE read the owners manual of these things? Geeze.

Hmm. Curious. A manual. Bizarre concept. I don't remember any of my THREE drones from DJI nor my Osmo coming with a manual. At least nothing beyond a throw away 3 panel guide printed in 27 languages, 26 of them greek to me. Would love to have another manual on the reading shelf at my research station (toilet). I am kinda getting board with the last manual that came with anything. I am pretty up to speed on 386 motherboards now.

Reactions: mike_ks and Numone
Hmm. Curious. A manual. Bizarre concept. I don't remember any of my THREE drones from DJI nor my Osmo coming with a manual. At least nothing beyond a throw away 3 panel guide printed in 27 languages, 26 of them greek to me. Would love to have another manual on the reading shelf at my research station (toilet). I am kinda getting board with the last manual that came with anything. I am pretty up to speed on 386 motherboards now.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/20170706/Phantom+3+Professional+User+Manual+v1.8.zip

Reactions: Numone
I always read the manual, but I think that comes from making construction kits from the age of 5.

Last edited:
Some manuals are pretty good.... some, however, aren't worth the waste of ink, paper and time.

DNG Raw files include a thumbnail in the file itself. Windows doesn't naturally have the ability to handle DNG files but can see inside the file there is a thumbnail and ONLY shows that. Daft really.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl