I Pad GPS, Disabled in Airplane mode?

TCW

Reaction score
I just need clarity, have seen some posts and answers that touch on the specifics, but not totally for sure about this. A lot of advice about turning on airplane mode. On the I Pads (I have the Mini 3 with 4g) doesn't that disable locations services also (GPS)? If so, how are you able to set a new Home Point if you have moved from the original starting HP, for instance launching from a boat, then traveling across the water a great distance while your in flight? Simply a made up scenario, as I haven't done this. Or in future versions of the Go app if features like follow me are enabled? Thanks

Reactions: Boricua
Reactions: TCW and bobmyers
I just need clarity, have seen some posts and answers that touch on the specifics, but not totally for sure about this. A lot of advice about turning on airplane mode. On the I Pads (I have the Mini 3 with 4g) doesn't that disable locations services also (GPS)? If so, how are you able to set a new Home Point if you have moved from the original starting HP, for instance launching from a boat, then traveling across the water a great distance while your in flight? Simply a made up scenario, as I haven't done this. Or in future versions of the Go app if features like follow me are enabled? Thanks
I have an iPad mini Retina and I never put it in airplane mode or disable anything. Never had a problem with video except when I fly too far or forget to fold the antennas out.

Alright, thanks fellows.. Since I don't have a sims card in it, I'm not worried about getting calls or notifications, so at the least I could disable wi-fi and bluetooth and still have GPS on the device?

I have an iPad mini Retina and I never put it in airplane mode or disable anything. Never had a problem with video except when I fly too far or forget to fold the antennas out.
Then keep doing what your are doing-- I have to disable mine, because of various apps and programs running that access the internet-- nothing worse that someone trying to facetime you when you are at a couple of hundred feet high and out 1/2 mile out.:D:D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4