I O C Problem

Reaction score
Put a check mark in IOC, went out to fly. In Home Lock when I pull back on the stick it went away from me, push forward it came back to me almost like it is reverse. Any ideas?

Did you see the 10 green flashes at startup indicating GPS home location set? Try toggling CL<->HL 5+ times to re-set the HL (you should see 10 green flashes again).

I did get my 10 green flashes. I tried flipping the switch "HL" 5 times, only this time it dropped like a rock.

Home lock flying requires that 6 or more GPS satellites are found and the aircraft is further than 10m
away from the home point.

did you have >6 satellites and was the craft > 10m (30 feet) away from you?

ive had issues in the past that when i turned on HL/CL while in the area, and the phantom was already turned 90/180 degree from me, the controls seemed backwards from what i was expecting.

to solve this, I always made sure HL/CL was engaged before taking off. To do this, once I have all satelite and would be ready to take off, I flipped the IOC off then on (CL I prefer) and waited to see the yellow light flash to say it was engaged.

never have had problems since doing these steps.

I now have it working. Talked to Tom at Atlanta Hobbies. He told me to go into the software and take the check out of the box, reboot the software and check in again and now it works. Thanks for all of your replies, I think this is a great forum.

I'm still having problems in IOC mode. Works fine if the fore or aft are in a straight line from me; like, if I can see the blinking light, for example. Also works fine if I now turn the Phantom 180° and the light is facing away from me- IOC knows that I've done that so when I push the stick forward, it goes away from me; and when I pull it towards me, it comes towards me.

But when I turn the Phantom only 90°, it doesn't work as I expect it to- and go away if I push the joystick forward, or towards me if I pull the joystick towards me. Shouldn't it do that, even though the Phantom's axis is now perpendicular to the direction from me to the machine.

It's only today that I'm getting clarification on IOC operation. You might want to take a look at "Course Lock" under General Discussion.

FrankB said:
I'm still having problems in IOC mode. Works fine if the fore or aft are in a straight line from me; like, if I can see the blinking light, for example. Also works fine if I now turn the Phantom 180° and the light is facing away from me- IOC knows that I've done that so when I push the stick forward, it goes away from me; and when I pull it towards me, it comes towards me.

But when I turn the Phantom only 90°, it doesn't work as I expect it to- and go away if I push the joystick forward, or towards me if I pull the joystick towards me. Shouldn't it do that, even though the Phantom's axis is now perpendicular to the direction from me to the machine.

What blinking light are you seeing?

If you have it in CL/HL mode when you plug in the battery to the phantom, the mode is not active.
After it has warmed up and locked in its home position, at that time you can enable IOC on the controller (meaning it must go OFF and then into CL/HL).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1