I NEED ZOOM!!!

Reaction score
Is there any way a new camera, or lens or something can be added to the P3A to get zoom? I NEED ZOOM!

No.

Reactions: Rick K
You'll have to wait a year. I'm sure the demand will spawn a new product soon, but not today. I expect go pro to blaze that trail first which can be used on solo. DJI will then need to catch up.

You'll be waiting more than a year. $15,000 rigs don't have zoom on them. Zoom requires more weight. Zoom requires more stability.

Is there any way a new camera, or lens or something can be added to the P3A to get zoom? I NEED ZOOM!

Surely you knew there was no zoom when you purchased it. I wouldn't hold my breath on that for a while.

Digital zoom shouldn't be a problem. When the camera already does 4k and 12megapixel, there's no need for hardware - unless of course you want that resolution AFTER the zoom. If that's the case then good luck.

Digital zoom shouldn't be a problem. When the camera already does 4k and 12megapixel, there's no need for hardware - unless of course you want that resolution AFTER the zoom. If that's the case then good luck.
Digital zoom is worthless for anything other than pulling focus which we can't exactly do with a phantom.

Reactions: ianwood

MQ-9_Reaper_CBP.jpg

One of those and an attached Autonomous Real-Time Ground Ubiquitous Surveillance Imaging System.

9a16a33e-462e-4149-a9a8-5f2e11c2c6b6.Full_.jpg

With up to 60 simultaneous zoomable windows with less than 6 inch resolution from 15,000 feet, yea that is some zoom for ya Sloan Starkey!

Reactions: bobmyers
I'd just like it for looking at something while it's in the air. Spotting game and such.

why would you need zoom, unless you are trying to shoot something you cant aproach flying, when you can fly as closest as possible to whatever you want to take a pic of...

Have a look at the aeryon skyranger it has a 30x optical zoom bet its not cheap but not military grade price I don't think!
You are looking at upwards of $100K.
Not many members here need zoom that much.
Checking the specs and price gives you an appreciation of what a bargain the P3 is.

why would you need zoom, unless you are trying to shoot something you cant aproach flying, when you can fly as closest as possible to whatever you want to take a pic of...
Why ask why?
Wouldn't zoom be cool to have? I know I'd like to have the capability.

Easy fix. Edit in Adobe Premiere and use the zoom function...Works like a champ. as long as you film in 4K... Google pahtom film school and it will show you how. Think its Phantom film school 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31