I need go upgrade firmware?

Reaction score
I have a many fly whit my phantom 3 standard in urban area signal lost a 200 meters, i never update de firmware out of the box, what are the aventages of update it? Can it be afected and reduce range if i update it?? Sorry for my bad english ant thanks you all for reply

There have been a lot of people having problems with 1.6.8 I personally updated mine out of the box to this. I have flown as far as 4700' away from the hussle and bussle of the city.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a many fly whit my phantom 3 standard in urban area signal lost a 200 meters, i never update de firmware out of the box, what are the aventages of update it? Can it be afected and reduce range if i update it?? Sorry for my bad english ant thanks you all for reply
Hello, before you do any firmware updates, How about some details of what actually happends
200 meters? if thats distance was is the height?
Are you loosing video or telemetry, or remote signal and the RTH is activates?

Rod

Hello, before you do any firmware updates, How about some details of what actually happends
200 meters? if thats distance was is the height?
Are you loosing video or telemetry, or remote signal and the RTH is activates?

Rod
60 meters up, and 200 meters distance horizontal and return to home activate loosing video and telemetry in city, do i need to upgrade? What are de benefits

Is return to home activating automatically or it is alerting you in the app. Just this makes a difference.

Rod

Is return to home activating automatically or it is alerting you in the app. Just this makes a difference.

Rod
First alerting remote control is out of sign second activate automatically rth

Ok, it appears you are loosing all three, sorry very odd, in the city, that could the problem. I am very familiar with loosing remote signal and RTH activates, both times this happened to me it was after a firmware update. Had to send it in for repair.
You really need to try it, in clean air. :)

Here is my opinion on Firmware updates.
Terrible signal performance

Here is one that might make sense about flying in populated areas.
Lost signal (but not really)

Here is some talking about all the frequencies being transmitted.
Question about Radio, uplink, downlink, frequency, & telemetry

Recently it has came up that the video and telemetry are sent on the same freq, but two different channels.

How I view it, is your loosing signal
#1 to the phantom from the remote.
#2 your loosing video from the phantom to the remote
#3 your loosing telemetry from the phantom to the remote.

All three about the same time, it must me local interference.

Rod

Let us know!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik