I need a controlable release arm on my Phantom.

Reaction score
I need my phantom to drop fishing lines on opposite cliff. The fishing line will be used to drag later normal climbing ropes.
Is there a way to install an rc release mechanism under it and use the spare chanell of my tx to drop the 20gr lead weight that holds the fishing line line ?

This may give you some ideas.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmmYW5cmO-k[/youtube]

manosmanoli said:
I need my phantom to drop fishing lines on opposite cliff. The fishing line will be used to drag later normal climbing ropes.
Is there a way to install an rc release mechanism under it and use the spare chanell of my tx to drop the 20gr lead weight that holds the fishing line line ?

Errrr.... why not just make it simple and have someone on the opposite cliff direct you by hand signals (or walkie talkie) when you can decend.
Then untie the fishing line and fly the Phantom back?

The Editor said:
manosmanoli said:

Errrr.... why not just make it simple and have someone on the opposite cliff direct you by hand signals (or walkie talkie) when you can decend.
Then untie the fishing line and fly the Phantom back?

Thats the boring way though :lol: you could easy enough just land it on the other side then get someone to grab the rope and come back. Be careful with that line you dont want it to get tight and cause the phantom to freak out and crash, also you want to avoid it getting tangled in the props so maybe another weight mid point to avoid the line getting up too high behind you.

Well, in general, absolutely. A servo is a servo. The sky is the limit. If you can make it move on cue then you can make it do what you want. You could makeshift something off a tilt function on a gimbal.....or jerry-rig something from an independent servo dedicated to just that. You just have to design and build it yourself.

speaking of weird requests, any way i can get something that moves enough to push a tail endcap style on/off button on a laser pointer. I want to mount a laser on the phantom. I can easily do it with the go pro handlebar mount but the problem is the laser cant stay on for more than 2 minutes or so before you run into heat issues. Otherwise I could just mount it, turn it on and take off.

HobbyKing sells a servo-driven fake bomb release. You can use the gimbal control channel to drive it - just turn the gimbal gains to zero.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic