I messed up big time

Reaction score
Previously I had a crash that resulted in me having to replace the ribbon cable. It was a pain but I figured it out. Only problem was the the horizon wasn't flat. I know how to fix this so I thought I'd go back in and tweak it.

I'm the process the black piece that holds the main ribbon that connects the camera to the base broke. Now I can't put the base on and keep the ribbon in place.

I've worked on this for 5 hours and am about to give up. Before I do I hoped someone here has an idea. Either how's to fix it or how to replace just the base.

4e03270dca026deabdc03d73c67d73c3.jpg

Regarding horizon level i find if you rotate the bird a few times after taking off it usually corrrects itself.

Can a bad ribbon cable cause gimbal overload? When I replaced it before I used an aftermarket cable. I've heard aot of people saying aftermarket cable are bad. But what are symptoms of a bad ribbon?

Can a bad ribbon cable cause gimbal overload? When I replaced it before I used an aftermarket cable. I've heard aot of people saying aftermarket cable are bad. But what are symptoms of a bad ribbon?
The symptoms of a bad cable began when you bought an aftermarket cable... I'm all for saving a dollar where I can but not on OEM parts.

I still have to fix or replace my ribbon cable. My gimble does the dance then goes limp after 15 seconds. I think the cable is only like 35 bucks. Not worth the headache to go cheaper.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj