I may be the new PhantomPilots free app of the day guy?

Reaction score
In my endless and often pursuit for "Free iOS Apps of the Day" I found another that may be helpful.

Free today only but sometimes they end early, sometimes they go for days.

Now...if only Litchi lowered their price. They haven't since mid-2015 according to AppSliced when it was a dreamy $14.99!

App of the day:
Position Weather Tools by Guido Fanfani
https://appsto.re/us/q-1KT.i

Good or bad...please don't shoot the messenger!

Chris. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm android guy & I got the Litchi app for free :) the only advantages I found was VR mode and the way of pre setting a waypoint mission offline

Really? You guys spend $1400 on your drone and can't buy the app and support the company, and then you post links here for pirating.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Really? You guys spend $1400 on your drone and can't buy the app and support the company, and then you post links here for pirating.

Couldn't agree more. For some guys paying even 20 bucks for a software seems too much to ask for. Anyway, I hate phone-home software but I would actually love to see Litchi implement that. Preferably mid-flight license check and complete shutdown if invalid data found. Well, maybe not but that would certainly make good YouTube entertainment. [emoji33][emoji1315][emoji23]

And people wonder why and get pissed off when a developer stops updating and supporting their apps, if you want the app to keep getting better and updated with more features then support the developer and buy the program, or if you can't do that then at least find out if you can join their beta test program, people shouldn't be posting links here on that subject.

As stated, i dont have a Google Play account, the APKs seem to be readily available for downloads on many sites, i dont understand where you get piracy from if theyre released into the public domain? If theyre not supposed to be there then why isnt someone complaining and removing them? Having arrived "late" for the P2V+ app type fun im just trying to source what i need, given the apps no longer seem to be getting updates (at least the ones i have downloaded arent or arent even available on some dev sites) i dont see a problem, If i find them useful i will happily donate ... such as Ilovecoffees who has a donate option ... the beauty being i can try it and if it works as intended ILC gets a donation, if it crashes and such then i guess i saved a few pennies and can pass on to the developer the issues i come across, he seems to be a member here, dont be so judgemental, mine was simply a request for older apps that are no longer hosted or available.

It would be nice for people to come here and see a list of apps that the site admins and various devs have collated for the Phantom range, a lot of which now seem unavailable on the devs own sites and are no longer supported ... yet here we fly all models of Phantoms and have to search/ask the same old questions over and over, a simple database of apps known to work and such ... NOT their latest offerings (of which dont have support for the older Phantoms/firmware/hardware/Op system etc etc).

You could even have a donate button there for the older apps ... as they clearly are still in demand ;)

Last edited:
I have found Pilot ~ Go app has been plenty enough for my piloting style, and am completely satisfied with it. I also have a number of drone applications on my iPad3 but none are for flight of my Phantom 3 Pro, nor do I feel the need for Lichi or similar apps at this time. Plate is quite full.

RedHotPoker

And people wonder why and get pissed off when a developer stops updating and supporting their apps, if you want the app to keep getting better and updated with more features then support the developer and buy the program, or if you can't do that then at least find out if you can join their beta test program, people shouldn't be posting links here on that subject.

If the App is advertised free for the day then that is the developer's prerogative.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20