I made the switch from Phantom Standard To GoPro Karma

Eir

Reaction score
I have to say the only thing I like better about the Karma so far is the fact it has a gopro for a camera. The range is actually slightly worse than on the phantom standard. It loses connection constantly where as the p3s only lost connection when really pushing the boundaries of its max range. I got a karma because I had a hero 5 camera already and thought at the very least the karma drone would be better than the standard I was already happy with. Its a disaster battery life is terrible and I cant even order an extra battery from gopro because of some new shipping laws.

Heres a video I made on the standard

Compared to a video I made on my karma

The video quality is way better but its scary to fly

Reactions: loonie01
Oh dear. Rare to find a DJI to Karma swap.

Yeah and I did a lot of research before hand and I was really torn between drones I didnt want a mavic I didn't really like the video quality on that. And also I like the way the karma grip came included could come out cause I make travel videos and it seemed the right choice. Not sure I made the right decision now.

Reactions: Jayfdee
Last winter I thought about getting the Karma because of the removable gimbal mount. I just ordered a Zhiyun Smooth-Q handheld gimbal for my phone, I'll get more use out of that than I would have with the one from the Karma.

If you go to YouTube and search for karma drone... You will see that most of these drones are not very stable in the air. I saw so many crashes on the karma that I have not idea how GoPro still selling them.

If you go to YouTube and search for karma drone... You will see that most of these drones are not very stable in the air. I saw so many crashes on the karma that I have not idea how GoPro still selling them.

Yeah it feels very unsafe to fly. I never worried about the p3s when it was in the air. Constantly worried the karma is just going to drop mid flight

Reactions: macoman
I wonder if it is due to it being a bit unbalanced as it has the gopro stuck to the front of it?
I think it's more of an issue of GoPro being new to the quadcopter game. DJI has a few years under it's belt and has had more time to get their flying code right.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl