I"m old. How do I save files to my hard drive

Reaction score
Man. I can't believe I can not figure this out. When I open the file I try to save it to anywhere. Best I can do is get it to my documents. But I don't want it there. I want it on a dedicated hard drive for video.

I think I might be missing something from my computer. I built this thing from scratch for editing 4k videos. But I'll be danged if I can save a file,,,lol.

Any ideas. Thanks.

Just for giggles here's my computer I built. Check out my channel if ya like!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1. Open the SD card folder on you desktop and drag the top-right corner diagonally in toward the bottom-left corner to make the folder smaller on the screen.
  2. Open the hard drive folder you want to copy the file to on your desktop and drag the top-right corner diagonally in toward the bottom-left corner to make the folder smaller on the screen.
  3. Put your cursor over the phantom file you want to copy, press the left button on your mouse and keeping it pressed, drag the file across to the hard drive folder.

Sorry guys. Had a chemo brain moment.

I actually went to wally world and bought a card reader. It worked.

Then I tried it straight from the P3 again. It worked.

I realized what I was doing wrong. I was NOT highlighting the file in blue to make it show copy.

All is well now. Thanks.

BTW. Will the card reader transfer it any faster than just straight from the P3. It's kind of aggravating listing to that thing chirp,,,,lol.

I do plan on installing a usb 3.0 card reader on my computer build. Just haven't made it that far. I keep getting side tracked. I feel sorry for that pc. I haven't edited one single thing since I built it several months ago,,,lol. It just sits in the other room collecting dust. Oh well. Now I gotta finish it for this Phantom.

Sorry guys. Had a chemo brain moment.

I actually went to wally world and bought a card reader. It worked.

Then I tried it straight from the P3 again. It worked.

I realized what I was doing wrong. I was NOT highlighting the file in blue to make it show copy.

All is well now. Thanks.

BTW. Will the card reader transfer it any faster than just straight from the P3. It's kind of aggravating listing to that thing chirp,,,,lol.

I do plan on installing a usb 3.0 card reader on my computer build. Just haven't made it that far. I keep getting side tracked. I feel sorry for that pc. I haven't edited one single thing since I built it several months ago,,,lol. It just sits in the other room collecting dust. Oh well. Now I gotta finish it for this Phantom.
Yes, the card reader will transfer faster. I still use the USB and ignore the annoying chirps from the Phantom. The card is so tiny I have trouble popping it in and out of the gimble.

Yes, the card reader will transfer faster. I still use the USB and ignore the annoying chirps from the Phantom. The card is so tiny I have trouble popping it in and out of the gimble.
I can't wait the length of time it take to chugload a video from the AC. It takes like 10 mins or more to get a few minutes of footage from the AC, shortening the life of a battery, the gimbal motors etc. and 10-20 seconds to upload from a card reader.

So if I install a usb 3 on my computer will the P3P transfer it that fast.

Yes. If your PC doesn't have a card reader built in, you can purchase a USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader. About $10 at Best Buy. It will transfer files faster than via the USB cable attached to the gimble.

So if I install a usb 3 on my computer will the P3P transfer it that fast.

the usb from the phantom to a pc will never transfer any where near as fast a simply using a usb card reader in the pc to read the sd card directly to the pc HD.
no need to update your pc to usb 3 for this

Good luck and have fun flying!

Yes. If your PC doesn't have a card reader built in, you can purchase a USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader. About $10 at Best Buy. It will transfer files faster than via the USB cable attached to the gimble.

When I built this pc I didn't realize the motherboard I got did not support 3.0. To add it I have to use a special card adapter, and still get a 3.0 reader.

Don’t feel bad about the “Old” part. Every time I accidentally catch myself in my own P4 video feed, I’ve gotta think about who is that old guy holding the controller...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.