I love this drone!

Reaction score
I have made several flights (I only have 1 battery for now). This P3s is so much fun compared to the manual drone I learned to fly on. It served its purpose and I will still fly it but this Phantom is awesome. The pictures and video are very good for what I need. I have installed Open Shot video editor so once I get this figured out I will really get the most out of this hobby. Just want to say thanks to all of you who helped me get this drone set up, connected and now flying. This forum is a great tool. I look forward to being able to return the favor as I learn more about this. I would like some info about getting the 107 certificate.

I would like some info about getting the 107 certificate.
Hello there, I have a phantom 3 standard as well... Very fun machine. Question for you, the 107 part certificate is only for these individuals that are trying to make money with the drone, is this is your plan?. This certificate is not necessary if you are only going to use your drone as a hobbyest, flying for fun.

I would like some info about getting the 107 certificate.
You can find more information on the FAA's website here. If you decide to take the test, I have a list of commonly used study guides/courses here.

Hey thanks, I am not sure I would make money with drone, I wouldn't rule it out if someone wanted to pay for pictures, but I am retired got lots of time, and was thinking more along the lines of being able to help in natural disasters. A tornado (one missed me by a 2 miles on its way to Canton TX not to long ago) or flooding is common in my area so I might be able to help in search of areas. I just assumed to do this with the police or fire department, whoever is in charge of such things would require a licensed drone pilot. Just something I was thinking about.

One cool thing about having the drone and the 107 is the ability to sell footage and photos. news stations buy this stuff from photographers all the time
people at the beach love sunrise scenery, but most are to lazy to get up early to catch it. old fishing piers and boats sell for those looking for the nautical theme, I could go on for hours. let your imagination run wild there is a happy buck to be made for sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4