I Love My Drone

Skipholiday said:
Ok. I'm an old guy. 56 or so years old. I'm retired Army and have always been into rc of some type or the other.
I've owned gas air boats, 1/8th scale 4 wheel drive 3 plus horsepower race buggies and small cox line guided airplanes.

I raced dirtbikes and still build and attempt to drive offroad vehicles. (Suzuki Samurais)

Nothing has ever given me the thrill that these little remote control drones do.

I'm not that great of a pilot. I haven't set any distance records and in fact have flown only short distances under 500 feet.

But I must say I look forward to the next flight and think hard and plan new flight locations.
I try to be very safe and not hurt the craft or put anyone in any type of jeopardy.

This hobby or addiction has me won over. I'm hooked and love it!

Sorry if this is off topic but these are the neatest things since bikinis.
\

THAT's the spirit!

:cool:

BobUnplugged said:
I'm 55, and I was old too. Until I started enjoying some cool stuff, the P2V being one of them!

I'm 62 and I bore easily, which is how I got into computers in the first place. I'm always after the next fix to keep me occupied. I've been watching UAV technology skyrocket over the past few years and was just waiting for the right one. I ALMOST bought a Parrot ARDrone, but read about the P2V just in time. Yeah... this IS cool stuff... :D :D :D

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm nearly 60 and fly 737s for a living,but this P2 Vision is the best fun I've had for ages ! :D

My Mrs, my kids and probably my grand kids think I've gone stark raving crazy, so it's worth it just for that !

Incidentally if the Mrs finds out the true price of my P2Vision, I'm dead meat. When I told her I was getting one, I showed her the cost of a Phantom 1 knowing she would never be able to tell the difference :oops:

Mossie said:
I'm nearly 60 and fly 737s for a living,but this P2 Vision is the best fun I've had for ages ! :D

My Mrs, my kids and probably my grand kids think I've gone stark raving crazy, so it's worth it just for that !

Incidentally if the Mrs finds out the true price of my P2Vision, I'm dead meat. When I told her I was getting one, I showed her the cost of a Phantom 1 knowing she would never be able to tell the difference :oops:
I drive a John Deere 4520 a propane powered Suzuki Samurai and this P2V. the Vison is the most fun. :cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Skipholiday said:
Ok. I'm an old guy. 56 or so years old. I'm retired Army and have always been into rc of some type or the other.
I've owned gas air boats, 1/8th scale 4 wheel drive 3 plus horsepower race buggies and small cox line guided airplanes.

I raced dirtbikes and still build and attempt to drive offroad vehicles. (Suzuki Samurais)

Nothing has ever given me the thrill that these little remote control drones do.

I'm not that great of a pilot. I haven't set any distance records and in fact have flown only short distances under 500 feet.

But I must say I look forward to the next flight and think hard and plan new flight locations.
I try to be very safe and not hurt the craft or put anyone in any type of jeopardy.

This hobby or addiction has me won over. I'm hooked and love it!

Sorry if this is off topic but these are the neatest things since bikinis.

I built flew controlled line RCs in the 70s, raced dirt bikes and snowmobiles in the 80s and 90s, piloted cessnas and raced Porsche club in the 2000s......so this was supposed to be the inexpensive next hobby...but it's like any of them, greeting hooked on upgrades and severe 2-foot-itis. Loving every minute of it!

I'm totally with you guys except I haven't been able to fly because of problems with the Phantom :(

Seen I love my drone and had to read
Well I've been here awhile and missed that video :D
the rock..nod.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4