I love clients who don't need my services...

Raw gives you more data to work with. I correct my stills in raw. I focus on the sky and the ground comes out too dark. When I process it in raw, I can make it all come out nice. If I do that jpeg.the ground will still be too dark. My jpeg are about 8 to 12 MB. Raw is around 25 MB.

Last edited:
Thanks. Well, I never knew that. I must experiment to see if there is a noticeable difference, although it all depends what someone is viewing it on. I have a 55 inch 4K television so RAW would be the best.

Does this also apply to videos too? Would RAW be better than the cinematic setting on my P3A?
The DJI gear does not support the RAW format for video, only photos.

The DJI gear does not support the RAW format for video, only photos.

The X5R mentioned in this post absolutely shoots RAW video. Thats what the R stands for. The Phantom doesn’t shoot RAW video. But, a few other camera gimbals in DJI’s lineup support RAW video as well at a rate of 1.7-2.2 GBPS. the X7 may be even better/faster.

The X5R mentioned in this post absolutely shoots RAW video. Thats what the R stands for. The Phantom doesn’t shoot RAW video. But, a few other camera gimbals in DJI’s lineup support RAW video as well at a rate of 1.7-2.2 GBPS. the X7 may be even better/faster.
I should have been more specific. HIS DJI gear (P3A) does not shoot RAW video. Yes, anyone with $1700 (not including lens) can purchase a DJI gimbal and camera that does shoot RAW.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20