I know the weight matters, does the balance?

Reaction score
It seems as if it does not matter where I put the weight, the computer adjusts for it. I'm not talking about putting a battery under a motor or anything nutty like that.

I have flown with a gimbal & GoPro with a battery in the battery compartment.
I have also flown in the same configuration but added another battery strapped on behind the gimbal without any noticeable change in control.

Anyone adding weight far from the center of their FC40?

Thoughts :?:

I have my 2700 battery on a rear mounted shelf to counterbalance the gimbal camera .. The computer does adjust but if its balanced the battery lasts longer as two motors used to level the FC 40 don't need to work as hard ..
That's what I think.

Mandrake said:
I have my 2700 battery on a rear mounted shelf to counterbalance the gimbal camera .. The computer does adjust but if its balanced the battery lasts longer as two motors used to level the FC 40 don't need to work as hard ..
That's what I think.

I think what you think is how I think too. :cool:

i recently bought fc40 carrying Gopro 3 and i was able to fly it smoothly. when on GPS mode it can hold position very decent. Last weekend i decide to add DYS gimbal and the shop suggest me to fly with two 2200 mAh to extend flight time. the two battery were place behind my gimbal outside battery compartment. i also change prop to 9 '. my drone now weight 1.4 km. since then my drone seem to be out of balance and unable to hold altitude. when i fly i have to keep push the stick up to keep aircraft off the ground.

is there a setting i need to adjust to stabilize the altitude ? I dont care much about flight time should I only carry one battery instead of two ? will it enhance my drone stability?

cheravuth said:
i recently bought fc40 carrying Gopro 3 and i was able to fly it smoothly. when on GPS mode it can hold position very decent. Last weekend i decide to add DYS gimbal and the shop suggest me to fly with two 2200 mAh to extend flight time. the two battery were place behind my gimbal outside battery compartment. i also change prop to 9 '. my drone now weight 1.4 km. since then my drone seem to be out of balance and unable to hold altitude. when i fly i have to keep push the stick up to keep aircraft off the ground.

is there a setting i need to adjust to stabilize the altitude ? I dont care much about flight time should I only carry one battery instead of two ? will it enhance my drone stability?

Pretty good indication your rig is overweight.
Rather than two batteries get a single larger one (2800mAh if you don't fancy cutting the airframe or 4000mAh if you're ok with it).

Should help get it to hover again.

lostkiwi said:
cheravuth said:

Pretty good indication your rig is overweight.
Rather than two batteries get a single larger one (2800mAh if you don't fancy cutting the airframe or 4000mAh if you're ok with it).

Should help get it to hover again.

Yep, I think lostkiwi is right. I've overloaded my bird and its virtually impossible to control. That's the amphibious video I made.

After remove one battery, my drone is now able to maintain its altitude. Thx u all for the advise. :)

:D

That was easy.

Hey LostKiwi, Do we get a star or kissie points?

:lol:

well since i am a newbie of DJI, i guess this would be my best DIY solution to ensure my flight stability at the moment. I really dont wanna risk flying heavy drone (with two battery )against a gut of wind. it feel like it can lose balance easier. safety first :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20