I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND DJI !!!!!!

Reaction score
We spent $999+ and have to hack , strap , glue and 3 generation version product that the company claim is the best yet. There will be a few of you that claim Dji is perfect. And there is only a few units having problems. (Far from true) But some of you are modding so that you won't have any problems. I just don't understand why I have to baby this product you been doing r&d on for years. I'm down for 6 weeks( RMA) . I HAVE HAD EVERY PHANTOM EXCEPT FOR THE V2+ . And I have had less problem out of them combined compared to my P3. I am a loyal Dji fan , but the updates are getting better on the uav (who's name we don't say) really has me thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consumers need to inform themselves before purchases. You will need to be patient as DJI works out the bugs. That is why I avoid any companies new version of products until they are out in the wild for a bit.

What issues did you send it in for?

P3 powered off in the middle of it second fight on the same battery. I could understand you if we were speaking on the phantom 1. Our phones don't get worse as the gens change. We continue to buy based on the Quality of the previous generation and companies reputation

Consumers need to inform themselves before purchases. You will need to be patient as DJI works out the bugs. That is why I avoid any companies new version of products until they are out in the wild for a bit.

What issues did you send it in for?
Coming from something whom never owned a drone, I though version 3 wouldn't be "new". I guess you have to jump in some time.. I just thought it was that time. But you are right and it's a good lesson to learn. I based my purchase on previous phantom videos and the videos the DJI presented on youtube. Had no idea, nor could forsee. I even purchased an inspire 5 months after release. Nice bird, but people are still having problems. Glad I didn't do it in the first quarter of this year when firmware was bricking units.

Reactions: AbsPapa
No one would claim the P3 is perfect, but the overall capabilities are FAR and away in the lead of anything out there in the 1K range.

If another model tempts you - I say to buy it. It's only a hobby but I do really doubt the grass is greener on the other side. I've studied the market closely and there is nothing in the price/value range of the P3.

The market is confirming this since they probably own 85% of it in that category. So, either people are idiots or it's the best current choice...take your pick!

As far as real hardware defects, none of us know the % - but with 100,000 or so units produced, if 1 or 2% had a defect, that would be 1 or 2 thousand....including you! Ideally the percentage will eventually get smaller but consider that one guy is on his 4th model of the "other" one that you are thinking of moving to. What are the chances of getting 3 defective ones in a row?

Last edited:
Not sure what the purpose of this thread is... Rant?

Sorry for what happened to your p3 but it's a very spesific and seems to be rate issue and the company is taking care of it. 6 weeks is rough though.

On the other hand... You can spend 30k on a BMW and will probably mod it. Actually expensive and pioneering products often have issues. Look at Tesla motors.

And you have to remember that with any new complicated product there will be issues. It is not possible to test in every possible situation that will arise. Here we have weather, geography, atmospheric events, magnetic fields, user inputs and a small computer that is trying to sample all these small sensor and adapt in real time. No piece of software is perfect day one. So many variables, so many combinations and hard to predict and deal with every single situation. Then you have component reliability, manufacturing tolerances, QC, etc. Frustrating but it is what it is. I hope yours is returned quickly.

Alan

Just because a company has been producing a product for awhile doesn't mean they will perfect future launches. I've had Android phones since day 1. Sure newer devices come out all the time, but each with their own hiccups. They're not just giving you more horsepower, they're using more resources with additional new features that need their own time to be ironed out.

Even Apple almighty has launch issues and does updates etc.

Imagine the cost of a product that spends 10 times the amount of time on R&D and then testing...... you may have a Quad that is far more reliable, but at 5 times the price. A bit of a random fact but apparently 1st Class seats on a Virgin airline cost £120K each to buy..:eek:.....good news though, they are very reliable..... ;)

Yep. And for that 1k you're getting technologies that will cost several k's separately. All in one cohesive machine

For $1k, all I want is an IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS. Thank God our Federal Trade Commission investigates complaints against manufacturers and domestic distributors who don't understand it.

Guys, all these bugs make sense as this is a high tech product, but to wait for 6 weeks warranty repairs is unacceptable. Although I love my P2V+, I have gone twice thru the RMA process and it is very frustrating. DJI should invest more in their customer support org as the installed customer base is growing very fast. It seems they only invest in sales, r&d, and marketing.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
This is not a rant. And its not for certain that Dji will honor my warranty issue, even if its clear cut. I'm just confused as to why things seem to get worse and the gen moves on. No one knows the true number of failure rates. It's must be plenty cause Dji is rolling out updates. And from what I'm reading those updates aren't to helpful.

Last edited:
Gee, wonder what the guys that built the rocket that flew for 2 min 21 seconds last week then exploded, with millions of $ supplies for the space station said. Oops I want my money back!

And you have to remember that with any new complicated product there will be issues. It is not possible to test in every possible situation that will arise. Here we have weather, geography, atmospheric events, magnetic fields, user inputs and a small computer that is trying to sample all these small sensor and adapt in real time. No piece of software is perfect day one. So many variables, so many combinations and hard to predict and deal with every single situation. Then you have component reliability, manufacturing tolerances, QC, etc. Frustrating but it is what it is. I hope yours is returned quickly.

Alan
Regardless of the price if you are going to put a product out there that has the potential to get you the user and the company in trouble. Cause anything can happen while flying. You will test all scenarios you can imagine to avoid liability . Crack in frame fresh out the box no flights. Dji worth 10 billion and says it employee 3300. Theres no money for better R&D. For a company that has the market on lock seem to avoid more the honor. I'm just saying. Let's get popcorn and sit and watch what happens next.

Last edited:
Gee, wonder what the guys that built the rocket that flew for 2 min 21 seconds last week then exploded, with millions of $ supplies for the space station said. Oops I want my money back!
wow...there's an "apples to kumquats" comparison...too bad the "guys with the rocket" didn't fall under the U.S. Federal Trade Commission definition of IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS AND MERCHANTABILITY, if you don't' know it (...and obviously you don't) Google is your friend.

I certainly hope I misunderstood your post, or else it wins the DUMBEST POST OF THE DAY award. [rolleyes]

BIG difference between R&D and selling a worthless, defective product that DOES NOT perform as advertised!

I agree with you except SpaceX is first contracted to deliver the goods.

Data is gained with any flight, no matter how brief, but R&D this is not.

wow...there's an "apples to kumquats" comparison...too bad the "guys with the rocket" didn't fall under the U.S. Federal Trade Commission definition of IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS AND MERCHANTABILITY, if you don't' know it (...and obviously you don't) Google is your friend.

I certainly hope I misunderstood your post, or else it wins the DUMBEST POST OF THE DAY award. [rolleyes]

BIG difference between R&D and selling a worthless, defective product that DOES NOT perform as advertised!

Really?
Worthless?
I can't accept any argument from someone who will exaggerate, in either direction.
The product may not be perfect, but a few years back we didn't have a flying platform that could take videos for us. These UAVs are a game changer, and yes, we are at the bleeding edge. How long will we be at the bleeding edge you ask? as long as it takes until it has a 90% penetration, like cars, phones, cameras, etc... Until then, it's a gadget, and yes it has some quirks- but it is not worthless.

Understanding the Chronic Complainer Mindset

Despite how difficult their complaints are for those around them, chronic complainers do not usually see themselves as negative people. Rather they perceive themselves as forever being on the losing end of things, as drawing the short straw on a daily basis. Therefore they see the world as being negative and themselves as merely responding appropriately to annoying, aggravating or unfortunate circumstances.

Even those chronic complainers who do recognize their prodigious complaining output truly believe their unlucky lot in life more than justifies expressing their dissatisfaction to those around them. After all, it is they who have been saddled with more problems and misfortune than most.

Survival Tip #1: Do not try to convince a chronic complainer things are "not as bad" as they think they are or suggest they are "over-reacting" to events and situations. This will only compel him or her to mention 10 additional complaints or dissatisfactions you have not yet heard about, that might give you a better understanding of how terrible their lives actually are.

Reactions: snerd and MoreGone
Understanding the Chronic Complainer Mindset

Despite how difficult their complaints are for those around them, chronic complainers do not usually see themselves as negative people. Rather they perceive themselves as forever being on the losing end of things, as drawing the short straw on a daily basis. Therefore they see the world as being negative and themselves as merely responding appropriately to annoying, aggravating or unfortunate circumstances.

Even those chronic complainers who do recognize their prodigious complaining output truly believe their unlucky lot in life more than justifies expressing their dissatisfaction to those around them. After all, it is they who have been saddled with more problems and misfortune than most.

Survival Tip #1: Do not try to convince a chronic complainer things are "not as bad" as they think they are or suggest they are "over-reacting" to events and situations. This will only compel him or her to mention 10 additional complaints or dissatisfactions you have not yet heard about, that might give you a better understanding of how terrible their lives actually are.
Anyone can copy and paste. This must be your first. just a discussion.

Reactions: jeffreyi

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20