I just can't believe this....

Reaction score
I have problems with my PV and send an email to HeliPal where I bought the PV.
Actually I thought they was located in USA? But it came from Hong Kong - Asia To World Group Limited.
Never mind, I got an answer from them today, and here is what they are writing:

I will need the drone, transmitter and wifi extender back to test first.

Please kindly send the drone, transmitter and wifi extender back to us in a small box, keep it as small and light as possible (just like a letter in an envelope) by cheapest airmail. And write down your order number on it.

keep it as small and light as possible (just like a letter in an envelope) by cheapest airmail. ????

What? I have (with some extras) paid over $2000 and they want me to send it like that???

I will send it back in the original package (of course), but I'm wondering who should actually pay for the transport? I only had it for 10 days or so?
ANd by cheapest airmail, that could take a long time. I'm sure it will be quite expensive but I will send it Airmail express.

Phantasmic said:
Klaus said:
I will send it back in the original package (of course), but I'm wondering who should actually pay for the transport? I only had it for 10 days or so?

I am struggling to understand why you think this is abnormal (that the consumer would pay postage/shipping to return an allegedly defective item to the supplier for evaluation).

That is the standard.

Ok maybe it is standard, but in my world, good service is everything and good service is, that you after such a short time have a defect product, should be free of any charge. I'm sure it will cost from NZ $100 - $150.
But ok what can I expect, the whole experience with DJI and their products (and reading in here), I don't expect anything.
Those people have NO IDEA how to run a Company.

Phantasmic said:
Klaus said:
Phantasmic said:
Ok maybe it is standard, but in my world,

What companies "in your world" pay for consumers to return product for warranty evaluation?

I have not found such a company while shopping via mail order and then via the internet.

A 10 day old product that can easily be returned to a reputable dealer (BH photo or amazon) he shouldn't have to cough up shipping. Having to part with his 1200 dollar toy is enough of a pain.

Reactions: MikeK
Phantasmic said:
Klaus said:
Phantasmic said:
Ok maybe it is standard, but in my world,

What companies "in your world" pay for consumers to return product for warranty evaluation?

I have not found such a company while shopping via mail order and then via the internet.

You've been shopping with the wrong companies then. Even if some companies by default don't offer free return shipping automatically. Simply calling the companies tech support explaining that you're exchanging a defective product will get them to quickly and politely send you a prepaid shipping label. I've done this with several web sites that I've needed to exchange items with, including Newegg.com Amazon.com Parrot.com and a few others. And that my friend is the reality :p

Helipal is indeed in HK, and their return policy is posted on their site:
http://www.helipal.com/shipping.php

"Helipal.com is the only online shop that offers factory warranty. If you have received your products with factory defect, please contact us within 3 days after the item(s) arrived. The product(s) must be in new and unused condition and in its original package. The return shipping cost should be afforded by customer. After we have received the defect item(s) and the defected item(s) is proved to be a factory defect, we will send you new item(s) or have your money back. We will afford the cost of resending."

Traditionally most businesses have a "customer pays return shipping" policy, however it's just a policy and like most policies can be changed at their discretion, and it's their better discretion you want to appeal to. Tell them why you chose them to buy from them instead of other vendors in the first place and what you expected based on how they represented themselves, how much time you've been able to successfully use the product since receiving it, what difficulties or problems you've had since using it, and what you feel would be reasonable & make you feel happy & whole again. Everything is negotiable. You can always open the vinegar tap later if they're unresponsive or unsympathetic.

iDrone

I love how their return policy specifies it must be in "new and unused" condition. Hard to test a Phantom without trying to use it. LOL

dkr77573 said:
I love how their return policy specifies it must be in "new and unused" condition. Hard to test a Phantom without trying to use it. LOL

New and unused condition generally applies to people returning non defective merchandise for a refund, and not for exchanging a defective item for a replacement.

Goods in Europe are covered by generally better policies,.. Which is the result of the government and the rules and regulations...which are financed by the taxes... Which you end up paying for by the higher prices.

So don't be surprised if you're not covered/protected by the same rules and regulations when you shop from abroad.

You can certainly see it from the seller's point of view too, that if for any defects they need to pay hundreds of dollars in shipping cost, they would lose money and would rather not conduct their trades in the first place. Thus they've written their policies, which you could've read online before making the purchase.

Mind you, these problems could be caused by user errors too and the dealer/DJI may not always be able to tell that.

I live in Europe and the local dealer here gave me an address where i have send my PV back for free (telemetry issues) and they have send one back for free and everything is ok now without paying an extra cent. 2 days after shipment i received a new one.
That is what i call great service.

Helipal is a good company but for something expensive i rather buy something at an official local dealer but i saw you didn´t know they are not located in your country.

Tip: Use paypal for (inter)national payment. You can do a paypal claim if something went wrong. I did a claim ones for a hexaframe and i won the case easily without sending it back because i took pictures.

In your case you have to send it back i am afraid if this is their policy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4