I have Unusual light sequence I cant find in the manual ?

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I have just bought a replacement P2VP for my recent flyaway.
I am baffled on a light sequence I am getting from the rear LED's - I get an Green, Red, Red. Green, Red, Red ?
Any ideas what this is trying to tell me ?

Why are you looking at the light sequence?? Turn your smartphone/device on. The DJI Vision app will advise you what the warnings are.
Also, Green Red Red could mean you are near or within a restricted no fly zone.

+1 Marknmd.

This would seem most likely with what's been posted thus far.

I have noticed that the sequence is not Green, Red, Red but Green, Red, Red, Red. I have no warnings in th DJI app. It only occurs when I try to arm the motors when the battery has 2 solid Greens.

You apparently have Naza M mode enabled, so you're right, the light sequences are not in the manual. The Naza M light sequences on the startup communicate to you with more precision regarding the satellites you have locked without having to use your FPV system.

If you are in Naza M:

Greed red red red is telling you that you have four satellites or less locked. You should wait for at least six. You might see 20 green flashes at some point soon, but this is only indicating that the craft knows which way is pointing. It is not recording a home point. Wait.

Green red red is five satellites. Wait.

Green red is six satellites and your new home point will be established immediately (you will 20 quick green flashes for the second time) - you can now fly with GPS but fly with caution. You would be wise to wait for 7 because you might lose a satellite and lose your GPS.

Green green is seven + and you can fly with confidence

Last edited:
The bird was set in Naza M when I first got it. So I went into the Assistant software and changed it to Phantom mode.
A thought has just occurred to me though. the bird has currently got 3.8 version firmware but I am using the 3.14 assistant as I have not got round to upgrading the firmware to 3.14 (due to me having windows 10, which has an issue when upgrading).
As soon as I can get on a windows 8 system I will upgrade to 3.14 like my old flyaway bird was on :)

The bird was set in Naza M when I first got it. So I went into the Assistant software and changed it to Phantom mode.
A thought has just occurred to me though. the bird has currently got 3.8 version firmware but I am using the 3.14 assistant as I have not got round to upgrading the firmware to 3.14 (due to me having windows 10, which has an issue when upgrading).
As soon as I can get on a windows 8 system I will upgrade to 3.14 like my old flyaway bird was on :)

no reason to update , stay where you are at and forget about it
3.8 was last before they fixed it!
wish I could go back from 3.12 to 3.08 on my plus

Hi guys. Regarding the firmware updates I asked my local DJI supplier what I should do about updates. He checked that I had the 3.08 setting working fine and told me that if it ain't broken don't fix it. It seems to work fine for me so far. Fly safe gentlemen. Regards Ian.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj