I have pro3 thinking about inspire

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference is between the inspire version 1.0 and the inspire version 2.0 the inspire one is going for $1500 now and the 2.0 is going for $1900 now is there a difference and is it worth investing in over the phantom P3pro thank you

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where have you found an Inspire 2 for sale? I must have missed it.
All they show on DJIs site is the Inspire 1, which am I pretty sure a 1 Version 2.
I found an Inspire 1V2, Inspire 1Pro, Inspire1Pro Black, ..... No Inspire V2.

I believe is rumored to be released sometime.

I own I1 v1 model d and P4(just sold my P3A) bought the I1 used a few months ago from b and h-virtually new...You can always upgrade cameras, portabiltiy is an issue, unless your willing to purchase a case like Inspak, which stores your i1 with it in landing mode and x3 attached. Regardless, what you decide to get your gonna drop some coin. So get what you think is going to suit your needs in the long run.
Honestly, JMO... I love flying my I1 over my p4, it just flys better and you can see it better from the distance(amongst other things), But even with the Inspak, it's a ***** to carry around...and you'll need Extra batteries because flight times are not as long....
Don't get me wrong the P4 is solid and has its purpose for what I plan on doing with both platforms. It's all about YOUR needs....

Reactions: liketogethigh
Thanks for all the input but from what I found out today from b&h photo is that the inspire 1 v2.0 is that you can upgrade to the zenmuse x5/x5r,,, vs. the inspire 1 v1.0,,, any other input would be great,,, ultimately I would want to do is to shoot my vids and stills with a better camera set up vs the being limited with the camera/gimble setup on the p3 pro vs inspire 1 v 1.0 vs v 2.0

If you're serious about video quality, it would make sense, but only if you add the price of a zenmuse X5(R). If you're going with the stock camera, it seems a waste of money.

ultimately I would want to do is to shoot my vids and stills with a better camera set up vs the being limited with the camera/gimble setup on the p3 pro vs inspire 1 v 1.0 vs v 2.0
The X5 camera is quite good and gives you a lot more options with a bigger sensor, different lenses and an aperture .. but this all comes at a price.
For the I1 v2 + X5 camera you are looking at a lot more than a P4 price[ and don't forget the price of extra T48 batteries which will last even less time if you are lifting the heavier camera.

I own I1 v1 model d and P4(just sold my P3A) bought the I1 used a few months ago from b and h-virtually new...You can always upgrade cameras, portabiltiy is an issue, unless your willing to purchase a case like Inspak, which stores your i1 with it in landing mode and x3 attached. Regardless, what you decide to get your gonna drop some coin. So get what you think is going to suit your needs in the long run.
Honestly, JMO... I love flying my I1 over my p4, it just flys better and you can see it better from the distance(amongst other things), But even with the Inspak, it's a ***** to carry around...and you'll need Extra batteries because flight times are not as long....
Don't get me wrong the P4 is solid and has its purpose for what I plan on doing with both platforms. It's all about YOUR needs....
Does anyone know what the difference is between the inspire version 1.0 and the inspire version 2.0 the inspire one is going for $1500 now and the 2.0 is going for $1900 now is there a difference and is it worth investing in over the phantom P3pro thank you

The Inspire 1 is amazing, nothing, I mean nothing comes even close to its flying grace. I owned a couple of P3Ps and although the Phantom is terrific, the I1 is a totally different yet satisfying experience. I own the V2 therefore, can't comment too much on the V1. I do know the V2 has the upgraded bracket (for X5 or X5R) and slightly more powerful motors. You can find the V2 new for approx. $1800, quite a bargain for such an incredible quad. Lastly, FWIW, the Inspire is unique in every aspect. At one time, it was beyond the reach of the average consumer and most people opted for the Phantom. Sure, the Phantom is smaller and more convenient to travel with but aside from that, there are very few other advantages. Flight times are longer on the Phantom by a few minutes and the accessories are a bit more but thats the tradeoff. Few fly the Inspire and continue to search for upgrades, the turn over cycle on the Phantom line is likely far more frequent. Too many of todays quads look like they came off the shelf from a local Toys R' Us. The Inspire is not your "ordinary" quad, it delivers a satisfying experience with each and every flight!!!

Last edited:
Too many of todays quads look like they came off the shelf from a local Toys R' Us.

From what I have read, many potential customers feel the same way. The Inspire just looks like the real, professional deal.

I don't own one.......yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20