I have brought a P3S. Please advise

Reaction score
Finally I have brought a P3S with the help of many people on this forum so thank you to them.
It will be delivered soon, are there any essential things I need to buy along side it or any essential things I need to do when it arrives.

Following this thread as I too just bought a P3S and it will be delivered in 11 days.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Check out my recommended must-have items here.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Check out my recommended must-have items here.

PhantomHelp is a great site with great suggestions and recommendations! While you really don't need anything else other than what's included, there are a lot of good tips and links on msinger's site.

IMHO, fly a few times and then decide which, if any, of the accessories or sundries would enhance your flying.

It's easy to buy too much too quickly. Only buy a tool or peripheral if/when you need it.

Cheers

An additional battery (or two) is an almost essential investment. An in-car battery charger is pretty useful too. If you are careful you won't need them, but it does no harm to have another spare set of props as well.

In car battery charger for a 10th of the price of another battery (if, like me, you can't justify buying one - yet). Prop guards. Gimbal guard. All in $50 (£30) ish.

Finally I have brought a P3S with the help of many people on this forum so thank you to them.
It will be delivered soon, are there any essential things I need to buy along side it or any essential things I need to do when it arrives.
I agree with ccbdav that you should just fly it and get used to what it can do. Be careful until you are comfortable with how it flies and some of the nuance and features with the DJI Go app.

One thing that I think you find that you will want in the short term is a cheap tablet and tablet mount. A phone really just doesn't do it justice to fly with. I got a used Nexus 7 2013 for $100 and a Tarot Mount and Jellyfish Tablet Holder.

Reactions: ccbdav
Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you'll enjoy you P3S as much as I enjoy mine! An additional battery was first on my list. After you start flying you're going to want more airtime without having to wait to recharge.

Watch out for trees. Learn to fly in ATTI mode. I had over 100 flights, drifted into a tree and now have to repair and hope for the best. Crashes will happen, but the better you are flying in ATTI mode, the more you will be able to take action when things go wrong.

Extra battery for sure, you will quickly find out you need more than one. I also found a polar pro gimbal / lens protector that I found way better than the one it came with. It's easy to get on and off and doesn't block the SD card slot!

6f5aaa9f8eee73444d74890ddbd85e86.jpg

A phone shade is a good accessory $15

I agree with ccbdav that you should just fly it and get used to what it can do. Be careful until you are comfortable with how it flies and some of the nuance and features with the DJI Go app.

One thing that I think you find that you will want in the short term is a cheap tablet and tablet mount. A phone really just doesn't do it justice to fly with. I got a used Nexus 7 2013 for $100 and a Tarot Mount and Jellyfish Tablet Holder.

I have a Samsung tab A it's a 10 inch, I have had it for a whil, is there a mount that will work with it?

In car battery charger for a 10th of the price of another battery (if, like me, you can't justify buying one - yet). Prop guards. Gimbal guard. All in $50 (£30) ish.

How long does an in car charger take to get up to 100% from say 30%?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen