I have a couple questions- Device storage and Rate of Descent

Reaction score
I finally upgraded from the Phantom 2 and got the 4. I noticed the quad comes down painfully slow and I assume this is to prevent prop wash, but the rate it comes down, it seems there is still some room to increase it. I'll take the risk. Is there a setting that I am not finding to increase this? It is taking quite some time to come down from 3K feet high and being as I am right next-door to a busy airport, I dont want air traffic control or a pilot to see me. (Just kidding!!)

Also, I'd rather the camera and app not store anything on my device from each flight (pics, videos and flight paths, etc) and store it on the SD card only. Is there a setting for this I am not seeing?

Thanks in advance.

When (if) your craft suddenly drops into a river or the ocean from a malfunction, the local logs are all you're going to have for your warranty claim.

I finally upgraded from the Phantom 2 and got the 4. I noticed the quad comes down painfully slow and I assume this is to prevent prop wash, but the rate it comes down, it seems there is still some room to increase it. I'll take the risk. Is there a setting that I am not finding to increase this? It is taking quite some time to come down from 3K feet high and being as I am right next-door to a busy airport, I dont want air traffic control or a pilot to see me. (Just kidding!!)

Also, I'd rather the camera and app not store anything on my device from each flight (pics, videos and flight paths, etc) and store it on the SD card only. Is there a setting for this I am not seeing?

Thanks in advance.
The maximum descent rate is achieved using sport or atti mode. I don't think you can stop the app from recording. If you don't want it, you'll probably have to delete them manually.

As mentioned, sport mode will speed up the descent noticeably. The specs say 4 meters per second.. (Which is about 9 MPH)

In the 'General Settings' menu of the DJI-Go app, you can disable the Video Cache. That will prevent video from being saved on your device. I haven't figured out how to avoid photos. I just delete them periodically.

Also, I'd rather the camera and app not store anything on my device from each flight (pics, videos and flight paths, etc) and store it on the SD card only.
There is no way to stop your detailed flight data from being recorded on the Phantom's internal memory card.

There is no way to stop your detailed flight data from being recorded on the Phantom's internal memory card.
He doesn't want to stop anything from recording on the memory card. He is referring to the DJI-GO app on the device.

He doesn't want to stop anything from recording on the memory card. He is referring to the DJI-GO app on the device.
If that's the case, the same thing is true for the mobile device. The flight data will also be logged there.

P4 is programed to max at 1640 feet elevation (500 meters). S mode is faster.
I'm wondering how the OP supposedly got to 3000 ft as well (although the max is 1640 ft. AGL, not elevation) AND "right next door" to a busy airport AND not wanting anything recorded. I sense either impending disaster or trolling.

Last edited:
I'm wondering how the OP supposedly got to 3000 ft as well (although the max is 1640 ft. AGL, not elevation) AND "right next door" to a busy airport AND not wanting anything recorded. I sense either impending disaster or trolling.

You missed the "just kidding" part of his airport comment.

Unless this "bypass" has been removed looks like over 500m is possible using the Go app.

The guy has pretty piss poor attitude about restrictions I'm just posting for the info.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I saw that, just not so sure. And why haven't we heard from the OP?
not so sure about what? The part where I said "just kidding"? Perhaps I was kidding about that part.. You havent heard from me because my questions were answered. Relax.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic