I Hate Moving...

Reaction score
Spent the past three weeks moving from Pasadena to Glen Burnie (about 10 miles). Hated to give up the sweet house but this is $2000 a month less! I don't move often, but every time I do, I despise it more & more. I moved out on my own @ 18 and all of my belongings fit in a Ford Pinto. Now its a freaking nightmare and you wonder how you collect so many things (George Carlin's "Stuff" bit comes to mind). Boxes everywhere....can't find anything...sheets thumbtacked over the windows. At least the coffee pot & bathroom are accessible! :roll:

Several miles closer to BWI airport now and inside the restricted flight zone so, from my house, I am limited to 160' altitude and no GS waypoints can be set. Took her up for a couple of flights yesterday after two weeks out of the air. Notice the cold air definitely affects & lessons flight times. Guess I'll be hunting for some good spots outside the RFZ. At least there is lots of shopping close by! ;)

Note: First daylight flight since the incident going down returning from a Ground Station mission. Looks like I got the gimbal pretty straight. Might need just a slight 1 degree tweak.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI1NiMTFoms[/youtube]

I was wondering what happened to you. I,remember when I was younger , the first thing to set up after the move was the stereo. I shudder to think about what's in every drawer and nook and cranny in my house. Hang in there.

By looking at the video thumbnail I thought you had moved to the projects. Did you fly totally off the monitor in the video? If so you get good range with all the tree's that probably disrupt reception.

I liked how you using the quad to blow the leaves from the lawn. Btw, it's good to see you're back. I wondered what happened to you. You left without responding to post and other stuff.

:geek: Oh yeah dji rolled out a new $2899 starting amount quad that take two people to fly in complete setting. Basically one guy flies it and the other with his own controller operates a 360 degree camera. Has actual shocks attached to it's landing gear. Has addition image sensor so you can fly it anywhere inside where there is no gps reception. Has nice looking software, and the rest is not much different then the vPlus software features. Same motors as upgraded vPlus. Camera is 1080P 60fps, and all 4k features. Called inspire1, and if you include the 2nd controller you could instead buy 3 vPlus. lol!

I think they will drop in price once the 1st wave drops in sales....oh and forgot it looks about two times the size of a vPlus.

...10-4 over & out.

Welcome to the neighborhood. Took me a bit to figure out which direction you were in, til you went out to the Rt 3/2 parallel.

I knew Pasadena was expensive, but a full $2k/mo less? With that kind of savings, you could get an Inspire, yeah?

Dirty Bird said:
this is $2000 a month less!

Did you make a error ? $ 2000
Did you rent a house with golden water-taps ?
If not you can buy a V+ every month now.

ToThePoint said:

Unfortunately I didn't. I bought my house in June 2007 right at the peak of the market which was all up until late 2007. When I settled in November 2007 the housing market was just beginning its plunge. I had a brand new house, built to order. Not really all that...4 BR, 3 baths, 2200' square, full unfinished basement, 2 car garage, sitting on the best lot of a new sub-extension. Last house on the left...all woods behind/beside that can never be developed. Its in Anne Arundel Country so it was expensive...$430,000....$3590 a month! Rent at the new place is $1600. I am self-employed and needed a tax write-off. The way the houses kept going up, I figured if I waited I might never be able to afford one that I wanted. Little did I know what the market was about to do, or how O was about to devastate the economy for pretty much everyone except those who work for the government or are on the dole. Couldn't refinance because the place appraised for $100K less than what I paid. Live & learn...lol.

Great Pumpkin said:
Where does it say you are limited to 160 feet AGL? Sez who? Just how far are you from BWI?

In the app itself, since the firmware has that tapered no-fly-zone.

We're both very close. Where I live, I'm less than 1.5 miles from the outer edge of BWI, according to Google Maps' distance tool (not sure where exactly they judge the points from). My ceiling is 180 feet in my neighborhood.

Dirty Bird said:
ToThePoint said:

Unfortunately I didn't. I bought my house in June 2007 right at the peak of the market which was all up until late 2007. When I settled in November 2007 the housing market was just beginning its plunge. I had a brand new house, built to order. Not really all that...4 BR, 3 baths, 2200' square, full unfinished basement, 2 car garage, sitting on the best lot of a new sub-extension. Last house on the left...all woods behind/beside that can never be developed. Its in Anne Arundel Country so it was expensive...$430,000....$3590 a month! Rent at the new place is $1600. I am self-employed and needed a tax write-off. The way the houses kept going up, I figured if I waited I might never be able to afford one that I wanted. Little did I know what the market was about to do, or how O was about to devastate the economy for pretty much everyone except those who work for the government or are on the dole. Couldn't refinance because the place appraised for $100K less than what I paid. Live & learn...lol.

I see DB.
As i always keep a positifs mind, also here is a good thing to pounder about.
As it was and intended as a tax write-off the $100k less value isn't a loss from my point of view.
You did manage to recoup some ( maybe all ) loss due to that write off.
You gained nothing but didn't lose that much as for example someone that would have bought it from there savings money.
After all you can't eat money and its that one thing murders are committed for.
@ the end of the road your not taking it with you into the grave, there will be fights for your money the moment you RIP.
I don't know your family situation ( i don't wanna know because thats private ) and i can only say something about mine.
As i am alone ( never married, no kids ) i have a house just to big for me alone.
I have more then sufficient space to move around and thats more then enough for me.
I always bear in mind the following.
If you have a place called home that is your own, some money on a bank-account, you don't have to worry how your going to fund your next meal or go bankrupt on some basic week grocery's then according to statistics your part of the 8% wealthiest persons on earth.

Dirty Bird said:
I bought my house in June 2007 right at the peak of the market which was all up until late 2007.

I feel a bit guilty about this post because I took advantage of the other side of the housing mess. Back in 2009, just after the market crash, I was in Arizona. I found a beautiful condo complex with palm trees and swimming pools... but almost entirely vacant with foreclosure signs plastered on every door. Places that had sold at $375,000 and up... well I managed to score one for $82,000. I do feel badly for whoever lost the place but I sure love spending the winter in the sun.

Since then I picked up another one. Fixed them both up real nice with granite and tile floors and new appliances - very high end. I rent them both out and they pay the mortgage on an even nicer house in Scottsdale.

house.jpg

Anyway you won't be seeing any more snowy winter flights like this one from me for a while. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjHRd1e7vqg[/youtube]

Thanks Morgon. I have not upgraded the app since July or so, figuring right now if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I will upgrade eventually when I figure most of the bugs in the latest version have been spotted and corrected. In the meantime, I live 1.7 miles from the edge of a Class C airport but unfortunately right beneath the weekend incoming flight path for small single engine aircraft. Still and all, I've been flying at around 30-50' AGL well below the tops of some very tall trees , and I think I'm OK - below the radar, so to speak. I did get a warning message just once on my iPhone FPV that I should land immediately (and I did) but only once. Maybe the new app will give me a maximum height and thus a little more wiggle room like you and Dirty Bird have been given. I would like that, because not far away and closer to the airport is some really nice open air space, except for those landing weekend pilots. Can I upgrade the app without also upgrading the firmware for now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic