I got my distance record today!

Reaction score
So today I flew 6000 measly feet away with my P3A. I must say, you guys that fly 20k to 40k feet away with mods have got serious nerves. My heart was already pounding at 5000 feet.

This thing never ceases to amaze me. I flew toward a 17 mph headwind, with 25 mph gusts. I maintained about 12 mph average. I was about 60% when I decided to return. I did not use RTH, I flipped it into atti mode and flew back 48-53mph the whole way. It was back from 6k feet in a little over a minute. Incredible. And still with smooth footage.

At 6k feet away I was rarely getting loss of video signal. I stayed at about 70 feet until a flock of cranes seemed very aggressive and I rapidly throttled to 393 feet. I'm linking a video from the flight. Unfortunately I have to make it short because a long video overheats and crashes my computer when processing videos. I don't even bother with 2.7k because of this.

Here's a short edit!

I've flown over 9mi away and I will say just taking off at those wind speeds takes more balls. 5000-40000ft is all the same. But in wind it could mean certain death.

Reactions: dirtybum
I agree, you actually risked more than we do cause high winds are UNpredictable ,but no matter what height or dist u flew I love yer story cause U got such a rush!!!
Thats what it's 'bout[emoji41]

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl